Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian 741B help in Dallas

Hello All-
    I'm a new member and a new Indian owner! I'm extremely excited to restore my 1943 Indian Military 741. But there are some things that are beyond my capabilities. I thought joining the AMCA would be the best route to learn.
    So I'm looking for advice on where I can find someone in the Dallas area that can help me with the things I can't do (i.e. re-painting, helping to re-build the engine, etc.). Can anyone point me towards some trustworthy individuals that can guide me?

Thanks, Jeff

Hey, welcome Jeff. Can't help you with suggestions in Dallas, but have you tried to contact the Texas AMCA chapter? Not certain how active they are, but you might get some contacts from them. Good luck on your project, the 741 might be a fun one to bring back to life!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Thanks Pisten-Bully!
      I've sent an email to John Nixon. I believe he is over the Texas/Oklahoma chapters. Hopefully someone will have some advice!

Thanks again,
      Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff and welcome to the world of Indians.They are a grand machine and worthy of your efforts. I would call a couple of the big Indian shops, they might know someone in your area. Also the local chapter's as been said. Take your time picking someone for your engine work or any other work for that matter. Try to vissit their shop if possible, talk to customers. For engine work, look for someone who builds ridders. Machines being ridden, machines with real miles on them. Do they hold up well? what's the customers feed back? One of the best I know, say's to build them like your going to ride them every day to work and you need to depend on it.
        Just from my experience, that's important - pick carefully. Makes all the difference in the world to a new Indian rider and well make all the difference in how you feel about your machine and the fun you will have with it. Lot's of good people in this out fit, AMCA I mean and antique motorcycles - but use caution and pick wise'ly,Wishing you all the best with your new project and happy times with your Indian!

Comment

Originally posted by jkjoller View Post
          Thanks Pisten-Bully!
          I've sent an email to John Nixon. I believe he is over the Texas/Oklahoma chapters. Hopefully someone will have some advice!

Thanks again,
          Jeff
          The Cherokee Chapter of the AMCA is and old established AMCA Chapter, that is growing very fast this year with new Board Members. The Chapter will have a large "Meet and Greet Booth" with many bikes on display July 21 at the
          Arlington Summer swapmeet, put on by Arlington Cycleworks at the Arlington Convention center. The info will be on our website www.cherokeeamca.org. Anyone intrested in the Texas area should watch for our improved website to be replacing the current one in mid-July, Feel free to Contact us, we have many Indian Riders in our network. Shelby

Comment

Hi Jeff,
            I am happy to help. My shop is only a few miles from you in Flower Mound, and I have a lot of resources for building antique motorcycles.
            You can call the shop at 817-490-1372 or email: numo@sagebrushcycle.com

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
              Hey, welcome Jeff. Can't help you with suggestions in Dallas, but have you tried to contact the Texas AMCA chapter? Not certain how active they are, but you might get some contacts from them. Good luck on your project, the 741 might be a fun one to bring back to life!
              The Cherokee Chapter in Texas has re-organized this year with a lot of good people, collectors, restorers, shops, all working for the common good. Our network is ready to help newcommers with contacts from all over the US, that we have used and respect.

The North Texas area is the fastest growing area of our chapter, so there will be someone in your area to consult, Jon Neuman is close and will be a great starting point. Shelby, membership / events director www.cherokeeamca.org

Comment

Working...
              X