Good Experience with vendor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Experience with vendor

I have just picked up my tank emblems and fender light from the Chromer and I'm very pleased. First the plating only took to weeks even though they are very busy. I was told the large car pieces are taking over 12 weeks but the small stuff is a nice break for the guys so they fit it in between the big stuff. Second they fixed my emblems that were over buffed by another plater (I thought they were ruined). Third everyone I delt with there was friendly an professional. I was given a picture of my parts with my quote, great for piece of mind. It cost a bit more but worth the price.

CustomChrome Plating

963 Mechanic St.
    P.O. Box 125
    Grafton, Oh 44044
    (440) 926.3116

Oh Wow! Very cool. Good to hear. As you usually hear 95% neg. over pos. comments. The sect. was set up the way it was to notify me of post. But it's now wide open. So have at er'.

The traditional Irish dancers put on a little show tonight in the local, to raise some money for the trip over the pond, for the big competition. FUN NIGHT, happy St. Patricks day.

May those who love us, love us
    And those who don't love us,
    May God turn their hearts
    And if He will not turn their hearts,
    May He turn their ankles
    So we will know them by their limping!

Comment

Problem-Free Vendors

Peter:

Put in the "good ones" category AMCA Everglades Chapter member Wes Scott, who runs an all-too-rare repair and restoration shop in Fort Lauderdale specializing in antique and classic British bikes. I have two bikes in his shop right now: a 1942 Matchless 3GL and a 1959 Triumph Tiger Cub. Wes did the restoration on my daily rider, a Bonneville 750, and I have seen him perform some near miracles with making parts from scratch, etc. Wes and his crew, including his son and his English understudy Gilley, have gone the extra mile for me in ways including the following:

--Staying open for hours after normal closing when I called them from the cab of a tow truck and needed a cable to make the ride home;
      --Removing without charge an aftermarket "improvement" (oil cooler) which did not work right;
      --Making various minor (but important) repairs at no charge while the bike was in the shop for other work, such as reconnecting loose wires, adjusting the carbs, tightening the chain; adjusting cable tension (Gilley fixed the headlights on my friend Jim Howe's Bonneville 650 last week in exchange for half a sausage pizza and a cold Coke).

Wes does not give away his time when a bike needs major work, and his rates reflect his many years of experience, but he is fair and honest. Here is his contact information:

Wes Scott Cycles
      4608 NW 8th Terrace
      Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
      Phone (954) 771-8181
      Fax (954) 565-1431
      Website www.wesscottcycles.com

Note that Wes did not ask me for this plug, and does not know that I am providing it to you.

Roy (the Original Nightrider)

Comment

I hope you all have shared your good vendor experiences with Peter Heintz, who is heading up our new "better business bureau". We like to be aware of good, as well as bad, experiences.
        Pete Gagan

Comment

Ten-four, skipper. I sent Pete H. an e-mail with the same info.

Roy

Comment

Working...
          X