The Saddle Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saddle Shop

The Saddle Shop just returned my Henderson Persons seat. The picture I posted shows their seat in the foreground and a very nice genuine seat in the background. The quality of their work so far exceeded my expectations, I feel compelled to praise their work here at the AMCA forum. I had a Henderson Persons seat done years ago by another company and it is so bad it would be embarrassing to even show it. Chuck and Joann Leipham at the Saddle Shop are wonderful people and genuine artists.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

By the way, I make the Persons seat pan and all of the seat suspension hardware.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Amen! I too had the same experience. Highest quality work and the greatest people.

Comment

I had Chuck recover an original Mesinger #2 full pan style at the same time He did an Indian short nosed saddle for me so the leather grain and color would match as well as possible. They will be mounted on the same bike with the Mesinger on a tandem seat set up. The short nosed is really hard to find, so he made one that He trimmed the pan down to match an original he made a pattern from. I had it at the Indian 4 meet this weekend next to a friends original and you can't tell which is which. Perfect! The man is an artist, and Jo is so nice to deal with. Highly recommended!

Comment

I just got a set of loctite saddlebags from them last week. They are the best ones that I have ever seen. I love their quality of work and will be doing business with them over and over again.
          A.M.C.A. Board Member

www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com

www.pre1916scramble.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew N. Olse View Post
            I just got a set of loctite saddlebags from them last week. They are the best ones that I have ever seen. I love their quality of work and will be doing business with them over and over again.
            I asked Chuck about those bags and they sent me this picture. I'm going to get a set, but I need to get a solo seat done up first by them.

LOCTITE BAGS-med res.jpg
            AMCA 26656

47EL
            47WL

Comment

This is all good news as I was just getting ready to send them a seat. I hate using someone that I can't confirm are legit and do quality work. Thanks.

Comment

Eric. Sending you a P.M
                Steve Little
                Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
                Australia.
                AMCA member 1950

Comment

Originally posted by tomcat1 View Post
                  I asked Chuck about those bags and they sent me this picture. I'm going to get a set, but I need to get a solo seat done up first by them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7447[/ATTACH]
                  Why are the nickel spots on the lid on top of the stamped edge, they nickel spots on the bottom portion of the bag are not in the correct pattern, they shouldnt have white stiching either........ Im sure they were not cheap I dont see what all the hype is about.

Comment

This is an original set of loctite bags. Quite a few differences between the two. Not bashing the saddle shop in any way, I have never done any business with them and I am sure they do quality work. I just think it is a huge strech to say that these are the best reproduced loctite bags available.

Comment

There is a difference in 47 and 48 Lok-tites. You guys are comparing apples and oranges.

Comment

I am aware of 3 different types of lock tite bags,

type 1: five hole mounting plates, no nickel spots
                        type 2: five hole mounting plates with nickel spots on the lid and the lower portion of the bag in a wide V pattern
                        type 3: four hole mounting plates with nickel spots just like the type 2 bags. The ones I pictured in my previous post are the type three bags.

None of these had white stiching or the nickel spots in the pattern like the bags made by the saddle shop. I have had 5 or 6 pair of orig lock tite bags all three different types, none of them had the spot pattern like the saddle shop bags. If there is another type that I missed I would love to pictures of them so I would know what I was looking at if I ever run across a set.

Matt

Comment

Just adding my ditto on their seat work. They did the restoration on the vinyl/gold beaded '65 Pan seat. They really do the vinyl right and the color match to the original is excellent. Padding and feel of the seat/vinyl as compared to the original is excellent. Tough I'd mention it as finding someone that does the vinyl seats right was a tough one for me. Either the vinyl material color was off, the material was thin, etc. And some folks kept promising to send me samples and never did after calling several times.

Lighting makes it tricky. It's a true off-white that matched the original. Take a look at their adds in the club rag. Every other one now they show a '65 vinyl. Second photo is a better representation of color.

I couldn't be more pleased. Did it take more time than expected? Yes - BUT communications were always perfect and they always let me know why there was a delay. I could call any time and talk to them live without exception. I just love them and would like to meet them that's how strongly I feel about the service and professionalism.

Great attention to detail that goes beyond just color matching. The touch/push/feel of the seat matches the original that was on the bike. That's a huge part of the challenge equal to matching color. If yo push on this seat with your hand or sit on it - it feels like the original.

The work on the skirt and the feel of it was so close to be the same. I didn't want the pan repainted. It came back beautifully reconditioned. Even touched up the factory stamping with original font style right over the original markings that had lightened up with time. A perfect match to the factory fonts.

I love this seat and it feels great on the road. I can't tell the difference from the original. Except for patina of course, but this was a restoration.

Guess you can tell that I can't say enough about Bob and Joe and how pleased I am with them. I only hope they are transferring their skills to trusted apprentices. Too me this seat in itself is a work of art and worth every cent. I feel as strongly about them and their quality, work ethic and personalization as I do about American Cycle Fab (Paul and Barb Friebus and Joel) who worked the overall restoration project for me.
                          Last edited by rbenash; 12-13-2011, 02:21 PM.
                          Ray
                          AMCA #7140

Comment

The Saddle Shop

What is the address,phone number website of the Saddle Shop?

Comment

No Website, Ph. 1-386-690-3797 in FL.

Comment

Working...
                              X