• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photo test

photo test backpack.png
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

The test was a failure. . . Problem is on my end !
    Last edited by exeric; 03-19-2024, 12:55 PM.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Its a .png, Eric!

Right-Click to Open your stored file with Paint, then save it as a .jpg.

(You can do other things to it in Paint, of course, like crop and resize...)

Ignore the warning about transparency,

....Cotten
      PS:

GeezGrandpa.jpg
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Let's see.

r-scleve1.jpg

Thank you, Tom. I believe I used to know about converting a png file to jpg via ms paint but my tolerance level for computer stuff is like a spark near gasoline fumes. Again thank you, and very much appreciate your help. This picture: along with many others came from an old scrap book I found at a yard sale many years ago. I think this picture is particularly interesting as Neufer was an ACE dealer taking in a (new) product from CLEVELAND mfg. makers of the Cleveland Tornado 4. Unfortunately, Cleveland mtcy. was short lived, and unjustly so considering how advanced, and beautiful they were. Harley-Davidson should have bought the remains of the Cleveland line but didn't for well documented reasons. H-D could have been a very different company if they had been open to new concepts. One more 'happy hour' observation: I recall a '60s vintage 'Antique Motorcycle' magazine with an article about a man who found a Cleveland 2 stroke at a garbage dump. In the course of refurbishing, restoring, ruining the bike, he made contact with someone who had the remains of the Cleveland inventory of parts, and tooling. Tragically, he was a few weeks too late as everything was sold for scrap value.
        Last edited by exeric; 03-19-2024, 05:27 PM.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

So true Eric, in hindsight it would have been interesting to see what H-D would have done with the Cleveland tooling line. Cleveland made some beautiful motorcycles during that short lived period. Too bad Cleveland's original designs didn't flow in with a proposed Milwaukee's concept. For what its worth, the fours all kinda look similar, but the Cleveland Tornado was my favorite 4 cylinder ride of all the four cylinders.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Didn't Cleveland buy the Fowler Four that was never produced before the sale? I've seen a Fowler Four pin at antique show 1923-24era

Comment

You are correct Duffy. My friend used to own one of if not the only Fowler Four ever produced plus an early Cleveland four and one of the last Cleveland four Tornados. Tornados were only matched by the last of the Ace's in beauty as far as four's are concerned but that's only my opinion.
              DrSprocket

Comment

I'd like to see more documentation on the Fowler Four. I would disagree with you, Rich on the beauty of the ACE, and Cleveland 4 as the 1917 Detroit Henderson was the undisputed, most beautiful Mother of every American 4 cylinder motorcycle that followed.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

_573_zps0e2a2fbd.jpg

A well optioned 1917 Henderson.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

Some 1926 'Fowler Four' food for thought.
                    Last edited by JoJo357; 03-26-2024, 04:04 AM.

Comment

*ACE Plant ~ *William G. Henderson Accident.~*1917 Henderson Endurance Race Motorcycle & ~*1917 Henderson 4. Model G. ~ *1917 Henderson 4. Model G. Mecum Auction 2022 Las Vegas.

https://wheelsthroughtime.com/1917-h...durance-racer/

https://youtu.be/bifXQ5L8-cI?si=8fw14B0l-gf-PW5j ​​​

​​​​
                      https://www.mecum.com/lots/489712/19...aa_id=298191-0 ----> Sold $203,500 *(2022)

fullsizeoutput_2e29.jpeg
                      Last edited by JoJo357; 03-26-2024, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X