No announcement yet.

Greetings from the Far East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bikes over 13 years old must be scraped?!?!?!
    Wow too bad, big loss of heritage.

Do you have a new bike that you can register and ride?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
      Bikes over 13 years old must be scraped?!?!?!
      Wow too bad, big loss of heritage.

Do you have a new bike that you can register and ride?
      Self-assembly, imported old cars, can not be legally registered.
      Licenses that can be registered in the city cost $50,000, but those outside the city do not need to be new.
      I mean Beijing, one of the most expensive cities in China, like New York.

Comment

Welcome Freeman. Glad you're able to have a bike and enjoy it, even if you can't register it. When I was in Shenzhen about 12 years ago I was struck by how many scooters there were on the road and how fearlessly they all drove. Cars and bikes were constantly weaving and crowding each other all over the place. I was surprised I didn't see a single accident . It took me a few days to realize that's just how people drive and they know how to make it work. I'd be scared to death to ride my bike there!
        Eric Olson
        Membership #18488

Comment

Originally posted by EricOlson View Post
          Welcome Freeman. Glad you're able to have a bike and enjoy it, even if you can't register it. When I was in Shenzhen about 12 years ago I was struck by how many scooters there were on the road and how fearlessly they all drove. Cars and bikes were constantly weaving and crowding each other all over the place. I was surprised I didn't see a single accident . It took me a few days to realize that's just how people drive and they know how to make it work. I'd be scared to death to ride my bike there!
          Lol.Yes, it was an absolutely terrifying experience, and so was Beijing. Riding my FL in this environment is definitely a challenge.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, nice video you posted.
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
              Welcome to the forum, nice video you posted.
              Thank you. Nice to meet you all.

Comment

Yes... Welcome to the AMCA and to the Forum! I enjoyed the video you posted.
                I apologize for misunderstanding the intent of some of your posts. I did not know where you were coming from (literally) until seeing this thread.

Again... Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by droptopford View Post
                  Yes... Welcome to the AMCA and to the Forum! I enjoyed the video you posted.
                  I apologize for misunderstanding the intent of some of your posts. I did not know where you were coming from (literally) until seeing this thread.

Again... Welcome!
                  Sorry, I don't understand English. I'm using translation software to communicate with you.

Comment

Translation software is sometimes available.The translation software sometimes expresses inaccurately. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Freeman View Post

Sorry, I don't understand English. I'm using translation software to communicate with you.
                      You are doing very well, most Americans don't understand English either! So, what do you do since you can't register the bike, ride illegally or just not ride on the streets?
                      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post

You are doing very well, most Americans don't understand English either! So, what do you do since you can't register the bike, ride illegally or just not ride on the streets?
                        Lol.Chinese people are also, I will ride a few times a month, try to avoid the police, to their own familiar roads, so far have not encountered the police.The old bike can ride on the road to make her more attractive, I will insist on keeping her on the road, rather than locking her up to enjoy.
                        Last edited by Freeman; 09-02-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X