Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in NC

Good Afternoon,

As a long time motorcycle rider and Dad's "assistant for his dirty work," I am finally joining the AMCA after about 20 years. I think I had a membership years ago but my memory is fading but not my love for old iron, My Dad and I have restored five antique Harleys and I've tackled an old BMW R60/2 basketcase that Toney Watson had prior to his passing. Of course there were lots of other bikes that have come and gone over the years - all meant for riding and none for show. Can't count the number of friend's bikes I have helped them fix - seems that once someone finds out you can tinker, they come knocking!

Over the years I've been to a lot of meets, mostly Eustis, Denton and Wauseon - occasionally Oley and Jefferson. I'm in heaven. My wife generally doesn't appreciate my hobby or the dollars that need to be invested but I'm working on her too. I'll be retiring soon and hope to pick up where Dad has left off and is unable to do anymore due to his age and medical condition. I'll be looking forward to learning from the group and hope to meet you at future meets.

Mike

Welcome Mike!
    Congrats on the upcoming retirement. You've come to the right place to gain knowledge and get great advice. I've spent hours on this site, and the advice I received has been invaluable.
    Upload some pics of current or past projects when you have a chance.

Comment

welcome mike

Comment

Welcome aboard Mike and congratulations on your upcoming retirement!
        Craig (Delaware)
        Delaware Bay Chapter
        Perkiomen Chapter
        AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Welcome to the AMCA, Mike. Retirement is the best thing ever, and you'll love it because you can work on bikes all the time; which is what I've been doing. I was a friend of Toney Watson and miss him a lot; a one in a million guy.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
          X