List of Motorcycle Museums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Motorcycle Museums

Any one know of a list of the Motorcycle Museums and maybe reviews? Planning road trips this year and looking to include a few. Thanks

National Motorcycle Museum, Anamosa, IA. Vintage Motorcycles Northwest, Spanaway, WA, H-D Muesum, Milwaukee, WI. Wheels Through Time, Maggie Valley, NC. American Classic Motorcycle Museum, Asheboro, NC. Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum, Solvang, CA.
    Check this website for more. http://www.enginecycle.com/motorcycle-museums-directory
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Add to that, Motorcyclepedia in Newburgh NY, (the newest), The Barber Museum in Birmingham AB, and the Deeley Collection in Vancouver BC
      Pete Gagan

Comment

There are also many signifigant bikes mixed in with other non-related museums. Most airplane museums feature a few bikes, and almost all transportation museums as well. I remember Cleveland 4ours in the Cleveland museum some years ago. I forget if it was their science museum, or what, but there was a stainless steel '36 Ford, the Cleveland 4our, and some other bikes.
        I feel that each and every AMCA Chapter should approach their local museums for display space; it would help promote our hobby, and also serve as free storage for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Have a good road trip, RF.

Comment

The museum on Cleveland you refer to is the Thompson Auto and Aviation Museum.

Comment

I don't know what part of the country you will be travelling but if you happen to get through North Dakota I'd be happy to show you my private museum/collection. I have a big twin Harley from each year 1936 through 1970, mostly original paints, and a few extras. Also about a dozen cars from the 40's thru 60's. Nothing real special but if you are interested in Harleys and you don't have to travel too far out of your way you may enjoy seeing my junk. PM for more info.

Comment

Hey JWL...I've been to every museum listed so far except one...I would like to have our chapter come for a look see of your collection. We're in Winnipeg...How far away are you in ND ?
              Ross

Comment

I am 300 miles SW of Grand Forks.

Comment

pierce arrow museum in buffalo
                  http://www.pierce-arrow.com/
                  rob ronky #10507
                  www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

300 sw of Grand Forks. I'll keep that in mind for myself but that is a little too far for a 1 day club run. That would be around 900 miles teturn. Dang !
                    Ross

Comment

Museum Listing in the Magazine

About a dozen years back the Magazine had a series of articles listing Motorcycle { as well as some auto and aviation } museums. It took about 3 articles, giving locations and brief descriptions of each. Leaving after the London to Brighton Pioneer Run {where we were most kindly hosted by Pete Gagan } traveling with R.B McClean and Bill Fenton, we toured from England into Scotland and back using a copy of the article. We plotted our route based upon the information given there and were able to see many more fire breathers than the average uniformed tourist.

It might be time for an updated series of Articles.
                      William McClean
                      AMCA # 60

Comment

300 miles SW of Grand Forks ?
                        Wouldn't that be in South Dakota ?

Comment

Originally posted by DuoGlide62 View Post
                          300 miles SW of Grand Forks ?
                          Wouldn't that be in South Dakota ?
                          Nope, it's in ND.

Comment

Just spent the day at the Harley museum with the knucklehead reunion guys. What a place, what a show, what a day. Bill R help put on a hell of a day. Don't miss it next year.
                            Ross

Comment

Working...
                            X