why not put classifieds on line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why not put classifieds on line?

I've noticed that the classified ads in the magazine are numerous, useful, and for a lot of folks, the main reason for joining the AMCA national.

So why aren't those ads put on this AMCA forum? Surely it would be simple to cut and paste the ads from the mag copy into this website.

With the magazine now being sold on newstands before it is mailed to members, every John and Joe on the street has access to the ads before I do. it would only be fair to web-publish the ads at the same time the mag is printed. Hell, why not have Doug Strange just post the ads here on the day he gets each one from members?

Yes, I've seen that there are some ads on this bulletin board, but have you looked recently? There are ZERO current ads for American Other, ONE ad for British, european, etc.

Yes, some AMCA folks don't have a computer. But I bet some of them don't have a phone either.... It is almost 2004. Do we have to wait until every single member has a computer?

How about it AMCA folks, any valid reason NOT to web publish the ads?

Cheers,
    Pete in San Francisco

What Magazine ???

At first I didn't think putting ads on the web was a good idea, but now since I still haven't received my magazine yet, maybe it would be a good idea. I already read part of the magazine on the web page and I could at least read the ads the same time everyone else in the world reads them.

I guess it's a fact I have to live with that the mail really ****s where I live. But I'm also not happy with the fact that the magazines have been on the news stands for a while and I still can't get mine in the mail. It's not right that non-club members have that advantage over paying members. Why not delay the new stand issues a couple weeks? (Or Months?)

I've been a member for 19 years and realize that change is needed to move the club forward. But lets be sure to monitor the changes just in case they are detrimental to the members.

Louie

Comment

I agree Louie - that's not right. A delay would be nice.

I'll find out about posting the zine adverts on the BB. As a massive list maybe. One shot - but a preview.

Comment

Thanks Adminguy. It would be great if you could put them on the website.

cheers
        pete

Comment

Working...
        X