No announcement yet.

Club Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all has to do with 'Bulk Rate' mailing verses individual mailing at a certain postage rate. Also, I think the Magazines that go to the different News Stands and Magazine Shops are moved partway by local truck delivery. I know from experience with shipping via regular U.S. Mail when buying/selling things off of E'bay that the GA area is always slow....coming or going! Especially it seems since 9/11 tainted mail scare..... Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Finally received my copy today (Dec. 22nd). It seems I often get it late but I think this is a new record for tardiness. I was wondering if everyone late had ordered a calendar, but I see one person reporting a timely delivery had ordered a calendar. Very frustrating! I'd already read some of the issue on the web site ... Perry

Comment

There is a Santa Clause !

I got my mag and calendar today December 23 !

Louie

Comment

Mine arrived yesterdays mail, Xmas Eve 24th Dec.
          It had been sent Air Mail but I didn't remember to check the date on the postmark prior to my good lady dispatching the envelope into the fire.
          I really think this discussion is just leading to the classifieds being put onto the site and that only members would have access to it.
          Must go, Xmas Day and the Family and visitors are arriving.

Merry Xmas to all.

Regards, Tommo.

Comment

Received mine around the 20th of December.

Comment

I received the three copies of the very nice AMCA calendar about a week before Christmas, just in time to wrap two of them for presents to others. But no Antique Motorcycle magazine in with them as usual.
              So I expected the magazine separately. For the 25 years I have been an AMCA member it has always - as much as I remember - come before Christmas.
              Not here yet (Ontario, Canada) and the post lady has delivered the last mail for 2003.
              Anyone know who to contact about getting a replacement for the obviously lost stolen or strayed issues? I have all the mags back to '78 when I joined and don't want to miss any.

AFJ

Comment

Editor - Rick Schunk. Mail Theft - Can Post.
                I'm trying to figure out how the GA mail can be so delayed? And others also? Very strange.

Comment

On the non-delivery of the Winter issue that I posted earlier to-day, Wanda Winger has arranged to replace what is apparently a "lost in the postal services of two countries" copy of the Antique Motorcycle.
                  Thanks, Wanda for the speedy and helpful service and best wishes for the New Year.
                  Allan Johnson in Georgetown, Canada where it is a balmy + 6 C, no snow and nice enough to go riding motorcycles!

Comment

Sorry Allen - I was confused. Wanda is the best.

Comment

I got my magazine and calander {kudos to Rick Schunk, Len Scap and the rest} on December 16. A club member across town got his on Jan. 2 . Jacksoinville, FL.

Comment

My replacement Antique Motorcycle magazine was mailed by Wanda Winger on Jan 2nd and arrived here to-day (Jan. 7th)
                        Thanks Wanda!
                        Teh original mailing (presumably made in bulk in early Dec.) has not surfaced yet - probably never will now.
                        AFJ

Comment

Lost Mail

The Post Office must not like motorcycles (or some of the postal workers must like 'em enough to steal biker books). I had to reimburse the guy who purchased my copy of The Triumph Trophy Bible on e-Bay. I mailed it to him, but it never arrived.

I should have known better when I took the book to the post office to be mailed. The clerk asked: "How did you want to send this?" I said, "It's a book; don't you have a 'book rate'?" The clerk's jaw dropped and she stared at me in disbelief: "You want to send it "book rate?" I replied "Yeah, why not? It's cheaper, right?" She just shrugged her shoulders and shuffled away. Now I know why it is cheaper.

Roy

Comment

I sent a drawing by USPS to France a couple of months ago to a very good friend of mine as a gift and he still has not received it yet. The USPS will not even insure mail or packages to France. It cost $15.50 and for what???????

Comment

Paps, your friend will likely get the drawing (eventually). I've mailed to and received mail from France that have taken 4 MOS!! Even though the Post Office said it would take about a week!!. In every case the items did make it to the party. I've experienced the same for Germany!! Good Luck... Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

You guys in the States have a fantastic service for out of country mail called "GLOBAL PRIORITY ENVELOPES". Whenever we are in the U.S.A. we use them to send stuff home in. They come in three sizes and are a flat rate cost, with the only restriction being that they must not exceed,now I can't remember if it's four pounds or four kilos, in weight and must be able to be sealed as designed with the use of the sticky flap. They get back here to New Zealand in 5 to 6 days. I've tried to get companies I've bought stuff off to use them as it's far cheaper than what most of them charge you but for some reason they just don't want to use them.
                                They're available from any U.S. Post Office and you only pay for them when you post them. We get a supply when we arrive and because we are on a motorcycle we send our smaller stuff home as we purchase it. An excellent service that I throughly recommend.

Tommo

Comment

Working...
                                X