• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rich. Great pictures.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Eric and Lonnie

If you go back on Pete's site just a little further there's photos and comments on the early days of the AMCA and other related antique bike stuff here in Cal starting in the late 60's. The guys talked about and shown were our mentors back in the days when we were all snotty nosed kids.
      DrSprocket

Comment

Interesting discussion. SirHr you and I have similar beliefs,motorcycle enthusiasts etc.I saw the movie and liked it for all the reasons mentioned. I was in high school and was a rider. I chopped a perfectly good BSA shortly after. Now for the original inquirery.....I'm pretty sure John Parnam bought an accurate repro of a Billy Bike for the National museum in Anamosa and if I were you I would contact them or better still pay a visit with a camera . Perhaps John and Company could put you in touch with the original restorer. I saw the bike with his original Capt. America bike and they looked good together. The movie will always remind of simple and easy going times for me.Good luck with your project.For the record I think any motorcycle forum is appropriate for discussions about all bikes if it's in the right heading ( as you did with P L C). We that have been in the old bike hobby for over 40 years have also done other aspects of motorcycling...so, as always this forum is a must for the antique enthusiast and any motorcycle lover.
        Ross

Comment

This bike was built by Pat Taylor

I think the best California Bobber there was this one from David Jackson of San Antonio, TX. Notice that no original parts were chromed.

However none of these three bikes won anything the Dave Mann Chopper Fest in Ventura, CA The 1ST, 2ND, and 3RD all went to bikes that were obviously Fat Bob Choppers and were incorrectly entered into The California Bobbers class. Their inept judges let that slip by.
          Last edited by Chris Haynes; 04-30-2011, 02:21 PM.
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Eric, sorry I wasn"t able to answer sooner as I was at Oley. If you remove the sissy bar and cut down the pipes I'll ride it now. The bike was done a long time ago and then was then and now is now. I certainly wouldn't want to see this done to a good bike today. I'm not a fan of the current breed of choppers anymore but do enjoy looking at period correct bobbers. Maybe the parts from that motor went to getting someone on the road recently who correctly brought the bike back. Nobody knows that answer. p.s Know anyone with a set of period "Organ Pipes"??
            D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Working...
            X