2011 Bluegrass AMCA Road Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Bluegrass AMCA Road Run

Just a friendly announcement that the Bluegrass Chapter is hosting the July 20-22 Road Run. Details are posted at http://bluegrassamca.org/. This is shaping up to be a really terrific event with riding through much of Kentucky's Bluegrass heritage. Participation is growing every day.
    Brian Groff
    Member Since 2002

Brian, count me in, Carl Olsen from Carl's cycle supply will be staying with me here in Mt. Sterling, thanks, Larry

Comment

Thanks for the note. Any indication of future numbers is always a help, as we're always looking to get a sense of the final head count for the event. At presence, my 'gut feel' is we've got less than 50% of the actual registrations to date.

We've got no limit set on the numbers, either. The facilities can accomodate all of us, and the club can scale up to whatever numbers we finalize on.

BTW, next planning meeting is on the 16th at my place. If you can steal away from your shop for an hour and come by, would love to have you there. We'll meet around noon.
      Brian Groff
      Member Since 2002

Comment

I have it in my schedule, and hopefully will make it, thanks, Larry

Comment

Just an update on the Run, we've got about 57 currently registered to participate. The oldest bike on the list so far is a '37 Indian Chief. Total numbers seem to be in favor of Harley-Davidson being the dominant make, but a couple of BMW's and a BSA have also registered.

Ride routes are established and will offer a perspective on Kentucky's rich diversity, from Daniel Boone country to Bourbon Distillery country to the Horse industry we're well known for. Again, this is shaping up to be a really terrific road run.
          Brian Groff
          Member Since 2002

Comment

Hey just a quick update on this upcoming run. Looks like we've got close to 90 folks already registered or indicated they will be registering. We're down to less than a month before we have to close registration - June 24th is the last day. If anyone's planning to attend, they need to get their stuff in real quick.

http://bluegrassamca.org/ is all of the details.

With the recent flood of email inquries about the run, I'm sure we'll have over a hundred folks in attendance.
            Brian Groff
            Member Since 2002

Comment

Working...
            X