Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Bubeck's Health Deteriorating

Hello List,
    I thought I would pass along this information that was received yesterday from Max Bubeck's son Lon:
    -----
    Max is not doing well. If things continue as they have been progressing, I doubt he will last until the end of the week. But he has fooled us before, so I just don't know. I was in Palm Springs for the last three days. On Friday he was weak but aware and conversational. Saturday he was still conversational but less interested in his surroundings and Sunday he was laying in bed looking bad and completely non-responsive. He is not eating and drinking very little. We have made the decision not to put a tube in his stomach to feed him (based on conversations we had when he was in better condition). There is no possibility that he will ever go back to the house. It is all very sad, but you have to admit Max had a good run at life and enjoyed it to the hilt.
    ----

Keep Max in your prayers! I believe he is around 94yo and he did attend the 2010 Death Valley run, but he did not ride, in 2009 he did ride!

Gary Stark

Max can't go yet. He still hasn't paid up on a bet he lost to me back in the '80's. Max is a wonderful man and I wish him well.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by starklite View Post
      . It is all very sad, but you have to admit Max had a good run at life and enjoyed it to the hilt.
      ----

Gary Stark
      That about says it all. I've followed Max's exploits in print for many years. I wish him the best.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Having been lucky to have met Max in person and ride with him on several Road Runs (more like wallow in his wake), as well as reading of his exploits over the years, I am saddened to hear of his illness and imminent demise. He may soon join the legion of legends who went before him! Can you imagine the bench racing going on there??
        Best to you, Max!
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
        X