Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete's garage

There are now 3 "Pete's Garage" videos on the club website. They are:
    1 "All Steamed Up" which describes running a very accurate replica of Sylvester Roper's steam bicycle and a trip in a 1910 era steam car with technical explanations.
    2 "Acetylene Lighting" describing the development of flame based lighting, and how it all works.
    3 "Magnetos and how they work"- a basic explanation of rotating armature magnetos, and a repair to one on my Brough Superior.
    I have filmed a total of 13 Pete's Garage videos which will eventually appear, and will be doing more. I will announce them via this thread as they're put up. I hope you all enjoy them.
    To get there, go to features on the main page, library, and then videos.
    Pete Gagan

Or Click Bike to Go There IndianRidersmallR.gif
    Last edited by WebKahuna; 03-24-2011, 07:16 AM.

PS:
    There is also one on The Cannonball Run. How could I forget such a major happening?
    Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete, that is good of you to remind us.
      Fun, motorcycle stuff is always therapeutic for a bad case of spring fever.
      Denise

Comment

Pete!!! As always your videos are a treat! Thanks!!!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

thanks Pete! See you at tomorrow's first cup of coffee, too.

Comment

can't see any of the videos
            AMCA 26656

47EL
            47WL

Comment

tomcat1, if you click on the mc logo on my first message, (kindly added by WebKahuna) it should take you right there. If not, the problem is likely at your end. Your computer might not have as much grunt as your 47EL. Good luck!
              Pete

Comment

There are now no less than 13 "new" videos from Pete's Garage, thanks to our intrepid librarian Larry Barnes. They are explanations of the workings of acetylene lights and magnetos, the Cannonball run, my first video from 1994 "3cents a pound" featuring an FN four, Scott Super Squirrel, Brough SS-100, Norton road racer, and supercharged Cord convertible I owned at the time. Slovenia FIVA rally, a tour through Austrian motorcycle museums, Legends of the Motorcycle at Half Moon Bay, racing a Scott Flying Squirrel at Mallory Park, and the VMCC Festival of 1000 Bikes is featured, along with a motorcycle auction at Legends, an assortment of very rare American bikes in my house, the Tsawwassen Swap Meet near Vancouver, and the Vincent Owner's Rally in Colorado.
                Find them via the library section under "features" on the website.
                Enjoy!
                Pete Gagan

Comment

Working...
                X