Kickstart Classic Motorcycle Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstart Classic Motorcycle Ride

I'd like to announce here very early that we are organizing a ride for all motorcycles with a kicker and invite you to join us. The ride is called the Kickstart Classic and we (American Iron Magazine and RoadBike magazine) and Dale and Matt Walksler of Wheels Through Time Museum, teamed up to create it.

The ride is free and minimum rules other than to use common sense and be safe.

We leave from Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, NC around 10 am on Thursday, Oct 6, 2011. We will have a gentle ride over the mountains and into Georgia where we will stay overnight. Then we leave the next morning for Birmingham, AL for the start of the Barber Museum Vintage Days event.

Our riders will get a special parking area and possibly a free honorary lap of the track.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Buzz, That sounds great. How do I sign up? I have a hard time understanding rides that cost $150-$200. I wouldn't mind some cost or even donations to a cause but i can ride for free anytime. And the kick only will keep the "new' antiques home. Tired of rides trying to keep up with 1970 BMW's.
    Hope this is successful and will continue in years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by dixchief View Post
      Buzz, That sounds great. How do I sign up? I have a hard time understanding rides that cost $150-$200. I wouldn't mind some cost or even donations to a cause but i can ride for free anytime. And the kick only will keep the "new' antiques home. Tired of rides trying to keep up with 1970 BMW's.
      Hope this is successful and will continue in years to come.
      No sign up and no costs for this ride. Simply show up at Wheels Through Time on time with a full gas tank and a good mood. We might make some t-shirts and sell them or not.
      Buzz Kanter

Comment

I would buy a shirt. I will be there on a 33VL and a friend on a 37 Bobber. Can't wait! Do we need to make hotel reservations somewhere?
        Bob Selph
        1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
        1940 Sport Scout
        AMCA#15215

Comment

Hotel ? I thought real kick start bikers only needed a simple bedroll and a flat piece of ground!
          AMCA 15783

Comment

Originally posted by Northwoods_Maine View Post
            Hotel ? I thought real kick start bikers only needed a simple bedroll and a flat piece of ground!
            works at Davenport!

Comment

Buzz
              every guy I have told of this ride is up for it. Do you want to advertise it or just stay low key? Next Sat there is a vintage meet at Melbourne, FL. If you want to advertise it, shoot me a poster. if you need any graphic design work done, my son is in the field. Contact me at dixchief@gmail.com Dick

Comment

Thanks. The more the merrier as far as I am concerned. I am all about getting people to ride their bikes. I feel bad when I hear of people who own but do not ride interesting motorcycles. We have events like this to try and change that around.
                Buzz Kanter

Comment

I may be preoccupied towing...After all this is the odd year I must bring my race bike to run the Century race event defending my odd year successes in this great race. With 2007 (07 Curtiss single belt curtsey of Bruce Lindsday) 2009 (1909 H.D. single belt) first place finishes, now challenging the field for 2011.
                  Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Slojo View Post
                    I may be preoccupied towing...After all this is the odd year I must bring my race bike to run the Century race event defending my odd year successes in this great race. With 2007 (07 Curtiss single belt curtsey of Bruce Lindsday) 2009 (1909 H.D. single belt) first place finishes, now challenging the field for 2011.
                    Joe
                    Hi Joe. Would you consider towing to Dale's place and riding with us and having someone else drive your rig down? Always enjoy riding with (behind) you!
                    Buzz Kanter

Comment

Working...
                    X