Some Interesting Old Indian Pictures, etc. from Floyd Clymer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Interesting Old Indian Pictures, etc. from Floyd Clymer

These are some interesting pictures of Indian motorcycles. I don't know that much about Indians, so these pictures may be old hat to those who are in the know.

clymer Indian Spring wheel.jpg

I would love to know if any of these spring wheels survived. Or if they worked! There are some modern versions of this coming out at SEMA... Anyone ever seen one or ridden a bike with these?

clymer indian hedstrom.jpg

Picture of George Hendee who Clymer would have probably known. I know Clymer was a dealer for Indian and/or Harley as a very, very young man.

clymer Indian four valve.jpg

Here is a four valve single. Is this still around? This picture was published around 1949. There's pedigree to this bike!

clymer indian father.jpg

This is interesting and I had never seen it. But probably well-known to the Indian Community.

Cheers and a couple more to follow this evening. If people enjoy these, I'll post more in the days ahead.

Sirhr
    Last edited by sirhrmechanic; 03-15-2011, 09:16 PM. Reason: grammar

Keep 'em coming Sirhr!! I've got a shot of the pace bike in action. I'll post it when I stumble upon it. I can't say as I've ever seen a set of those "spring wheels".
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
    X