Some intersting old accessories from Floyd Clymers Motor Scrapbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some intersting old accessories from Floyd Clymers Motor Scrapbook

Last week I went looking for an old ad/reference for a strange accessory posted on one of the forums. I couldn't find it, but in looking through some old Floyd Clymer Motor Scrapbooks... I found some neat motorcycle stuff that I thought I would share. There is a ton more that I can scan and upload. But these were some neat things people might like:

clymer auto show 1.jpg

This is a page of Floyd Clymers notes from an early auto show.

clymer accessory chain.jpg

This explains the damage we find in some of these old motors

clymer auto show 2.jpg

Another page from the same early auto show.

clymer seat.jpg

This seat may be one of the coolest accessories ever. Twins! Do any of these survive at all? This has to make riding passengers on a tandem seat look easy.

clymer accessory.jpg

This was a 'joke' from an early motorcycling magazine. Though there are days I think I could use one of these.

For anyone not familiar with Floyd Clymer... he was an automotive pioneer and secured Maxwell, Cadillac and, I think, Overland dealerships at age... 11. He went on to make (and lose) several fortunes on accessories and dealerships. Late in life, his motor scrapbooks and compendiums helped kick off the old car/old bike/horseless carriage hobby. Neat guy and his books are amazing!

Cheers and more to follow,

Sirhr

It is called a Miller Triplex seat. I owned one several years ago and sold it to another south Jersey collector. There was another one that was on a early HD (1914 I think).

Comment

Working...
    X