No announcement yet.

in regards to the photo of doris of b&d cycles in chris"s custom chief thread,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in regards to the photo of doris of b&d cycles in chris"s custom chief thread,

i pulled the article off the net this morning to get the story up,ill dig out the mag with the article because theres more pics than what im pasting here..enjoy and ave a good one. will add the others when i find it.
    ;
    '

heres the rest!
    '

Comment

I new Bill for thirty years, he was a good man that always took the time to help people. The end came when he refused to build a HD Pink whore house and the owners of Liberty HD (The now franchise in the same town) stabbed him in the back or went behind it, which ever you want to call it. Rest in peace Bill. I’ll always remember the good! Bob L
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

This is exactly the same thing that happened to Harry Molenaar. The factory told him to upgrade his store to the new company line or he was out. He refused to remodel so they pulled his ticket and handed it to someone else. H-D is only interested in the bottom line. If you aren't making the kind of sales they expect you are history. I am sure the same thing happens in car dealerships and lots of other franchise business.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

It's funny, when they get an a$$hole dealer who is a POS but is making money and getting
          complaint after complaint called in to the factory they can't do anything because he is an
          independent business man and doesn't work for them. The rules change to suite their needs
          but I think their days are numbered.

Comment

Robison in Daytona, Harley of Rockland NY, Raymond Motors down by you Bob, and more recently Reggie Pink, White Plains NY. All victims of the MoCo.
            D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

amen

I think their days are #ered also, the sooner the better

Comment

Just Curious but the end of the article it states that the company "reps" were coming to remove the signs? I would think that he owned the signs on his building the shops around here are prety much the samething...........tee shirts and toys and a bike or two for the looks.

They went after an independant shop by me years back because of the shops name The Hog Farm in the end the owners won the court battles but it cost tons of cash as I understood it to keep the word Hog.
                Chuck
                AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I know H-D has used some less than savory tactics in the past and present, but they're doing what they think they need to do. Since day one, H-D has thumbed it's nose at their obsolete products. Myself, and many others certainly don't want to see them go out of business.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
                    Just Curious but the end of the article it states that the company "reps" were coming to remove the signs? I would think that he owned the signs on his building the shops around here are prety much the samething...........tee shirts and toys and a bike or two for the looks.

They went after an independant shop by me years back because of the shops name The Hog Farm in the end the owners won the court battles but it cost tons of cash as I understood it to keep the word Hog.
                    going to dig through my mags chuck,theres a follow up article on b&d where they are having to remove anything that says h.d on thier shop,will see if im computor savvy enough to scan em on here,when you mention hog,i remember how hog hollow transformed into fog hollow...surprised the moco hasnt trademarked.."oil spot" yet..

Comment

Gary, I remember those articles now. I've got them stored away somewhere too. I'm pretty sure I've also got a Hog Hollow catalog and a Fog Hollow catalog kicking around here as well. There was a period there in the late '90's where Iron Horse was a pretty good magazine... sadly nothing stays the same... thanks for posting this stuff.
                      Last edited by c.o.; 02-12-2011, 11:37 AM. Reason: spellin'
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by upsrod View Post
                        It's funny, when they get an a$$hole dealer who is a POS but is making money and getting
                        complaint after complaint called in to the factory they can't do anything because he is an
                        independent business man and doesn't work for them. The rules change to suite their needs
                        but I think their days are numbered.
                        Any complaints received by the MoCo are addressed. The H-D District Manager will go over the complaints with the dealer. Too many complaints and the dealer is put on notice. If the complaints continue the dealer could well lose their franchise.
                        Be sure to visit;

Comment

Originally posted by gary.h View Post
                          going to dig through my mags chuck,theres a follow up article on b&d where they are having to remove anything that says h.d on thier shop,will see if im computor savvy enough to scan em on here,when you mention hog,i remember how hog hollow transformed into fog hollow...surprised the moco hasnt trademarked.."oil spot" yet..
                          H-D did the same thing to Bill Morris of Bills Custom Cycles. His shop was full of H-D memorabilia. H-D sued saying he was trying to pass himself off as a dealership. He lost and had to remove anything that said H-D from his shop. He simply built two more buildings and opened a great museum.
                          Be sure to visit;

Comment

Originally posted by gary.h View Post
                            Geeze............Not so loud Gary, the HD police will be coming to our houses to tear up the concrete with all the official "trademark" spots........................I don't want to see em go either Eric, but man when they go after people that helped them through the rough times when they produced some less than reliable bikes.
                            Chuck
                            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Gary,thanks for posting - very interesting + kind of sad. But he was a lucky guy that Bill, he had a very pretty wife Doris, who really was into the bikes and helped in a big way. I see they rode some Indians too, awesome stuff !! Bet they had and lived some very good times both on and off two wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X