2011 Roster has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Roster has arrived

My 2011 Roster has arrived. Why in the world did they put that picture of those frowning, scowling people on the cover? The same group of people are on the web site and are all smiles.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Chris:

You can blame me for this. But there was a reason—honest!

In 2009, the nice folks from the Badger Heritage Chapter showed up at the Wauseon Meet with the period clothing you see in the photo. And they were kind enough to spend all kinds of time posing for photos in front of the historic railroad station in town.

We shot a bunch of photos with all of them smiling. And then I had the bright idea that in actual old photos, everybody always seems to have a serious expression on their faces, as if having your photo taken was a solemn occasion.

As you note, we have since used some of those photos in several places as a sort of photographic logo of the Club. And whenever the photo appears in full color, we’ve always chosen the smiling version. But sometimes, as in the roster cover, we don’t have four-color available. So we went with a sepia look, and it seemed (to me anyway) that the solemn version sort of fit with that look.

Let me be clear that all of these are wonderful, friendly folks who were willing to give up their time for this photo shoot. And if they had any reason to be frowning, it was because I was using up the time when they could have been at the Wauseon Meet.

By the way, while we like the photos we got that day, we’d love to expand upon this sort of thing. Are there any other groups that plan to be at events this year in period dress? We could try to meet up and take some shots. And then maybe you can be the people frowning at me in a photo.

Bill Wood

Comment

If you keep this up the AMCA will become more of an " Image " Thing & less of a "Build em & Ride em" thing, Like Harley They use to make Good Bikes Now they are a "CLOTHING COMPANY"
      HOW ABOUT LESS TIME ON ARTSY PHOTOS & MORE PICTURES OF BIKES !!!
      Oz
      Last edited by 45OZ; 02-06-2011, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Good point!!!!!

Comment

Twas People what made these bikes, Twas people what rode these bikes
          ...and they look dam handsome, I say !

oh, and the people in the pic don't look that bad either

IRon

Comment

I think the pictures are great, but also think we have wore them out, let's get some others! I like pictures with bikes and people and especially people riding bikes!

I recommended a few years ago that we have a calendar with all Chapter group pictures, I bet we could get enough to fill at least one calendar.

450Z, one of them people in the pictures road their bike down to one of our road runs in GA. So I think they probably ride them a good bit. Also what years do you think HD build good bikes? Do you think a shovelhead is better than an evo? What kind of bikes do you ride?
            Louie
            FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
            Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
            YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Originally posted by LouieMCman View Post
              I think the pictures are great, but also think we have wore them out, let's get some others! I like pictures with bikes and people and especially people riding bikes!

I recommended a few years ago that we have a calendar with all Chapter group pictures, I bet we could get enough to fill at least one calendar.

450Z, one of them people in the pictures road their bike down to one of our road runs in GA. So I think they probably ride them a good bit. Also what years do you think HD build good bikes? Do you think a shovelhead is better than an evo? What kind of bikes do you ride?
              I Road with the Badgers at the Rhinebeck Road Run, Nobody said they did not ride infact nothing was said by me About the Badgers they are a fun group & great to talk with & a joy to hang with, What I think about harley's & which are good is of no consequence to this topc, But if you walk into a Harley Dealer you have to wade thru Clothes & Clothes before you can get to any bikes, How many times have you seen harley advertise a Bike event ( Not a Bike ride but actual old & new Bikes displayed)in thier store compared to a "FASHION" Show ???
              What do I ride ? I prefer Indians My 1945 NYPD chief is my everyday rider, If you hear a siren I'm around, 1932 Chief , 1941 Chief, 1959 Cushman Police w/ side box, 1974 cushman truckster, & a Honda Yea that's RIGHT I said it a HONDA !!
              BTW looking forward to the DENTON again this year, Lot's of fun
              Well I hope I answered your questions & thanks for the Interview !!!

Comment

Rather my sister in a horror house than my brother on a Honda.......... Have Fun, Carl Pusherman Racing HA!HA!

Comment

Originally posted by big jesus 151 View Post
                  Rather my sister in a horror house than my brother on a Honda.......... Have Fun, Carl Pusherman Racing HA!HA!
                  Sorry to hear your Sister is so Horrifyingly Scarry !!!!
                  But you meet the nicest people on a Honda, HA! HA!

Comment

I will be riding in period clothing in Denton and on the Kickstart Classic.
                    Bob Selph
                    1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
                    1940 Sport Scout
                    AMCA#15215

Comment

Working...
                    X