Foundation Request - Let's Support Real Classic Motorcycle History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundation Request - Let's Support Real Classic Motorcycle History

Not sure how to apply or recommend a project for financial support by the foundation and am looking for suggestions and help on this.

The Isle of Man races might be the most historically significant motorcycle races in the world. The only time an American motorcycle ever won it was by an Indian in 1911 - 100 years ago next year. The only American rider to ever win it was Dave Roper.

I am working with Dave Roper and Pete Gagen to fund an effort to put together Dave on Pete's 1911 Indian racer and get them to the Isle of Man next year for the 100th anniversary.

We at American Iron Magazine are prepared to help with pre and post-event articles to draw more focus onto the history and educate our 200,000+ readers about this significant event.

But we can't affrod to fund it all ourselves.

How do we apply to the Foundation for financial support?

Any other suggestions on how to raise funds for this? We are considering selling commerative T-shirts, perhaps with something like STAFF or TEAM SUPPORT printed on the sleeves.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Hey Buzz,
    I've had a big twin, 7 hp 1911 Twin for many years. I've always had the dream of taking it to the I.O.M. for the 100th anniversary of their 1st, 2nd, & 3rd victory sweep there. I've been in constant contact with the 2 Indian clubs of GB, and they hope to have a celebration of this event.
    There is another American fellow who is planning to ship his race-ready '11 twin over. Charels Gasgar and his son have been planning this for quite some time also, along with Pete Gagan.
    I don't know how to answer your question about approaching the Foundation (perhaps just sending them an email?), but it appears that I won't be able to attend, and have to sell off my bike. This may be an opportunity to have a 3rd, running '11 Indian at the event.
    I've attended the I.O.M. years ago on my '47 Chief. It was wild! By all means; go for it!
    RF.

Comment

(psst! RF!...
      ...its Chuck Garrett and his son Rob.)
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Ah, Thanks for that Tom. Wait until you get my age!
        errrr, wait a minute.

Many thanks, RF.

Comment

buzz think outside the box.go ask BP.they're in dire need of a feel good story
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
          X