1440 Delete ****s.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1440 Delete ****s.....

What else can I say...except now I'm asked to keep it to "short exchanges".....and for this I get to pay an extra $10.00 in my Membership renewal.....DID I MENTION THIS ****S!?!....Give me a break!!.... ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Easy Hrdly...easy....lets give 'em time to gather their wits and respond. I tole you guyz..Hrdly's Marine corp..semper-fi (gung-ho), he's hard to get mad, but if you do you'll have to kill him to make him quit. Maybe we can flush the great ruler Oz(s) out of the brush and expose this problem to the light of day. Maybe even a world-wide member vote. I don't think we can be ignored now. Thanks Hrdly.

Comment

Ha! That's funny!..... ....I am smiling! ...Semper Fi. .....Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

"Work Around" For The 1440 Blues

OK...I've got a fix. All you have to do if your 1440 minutes are up is go to the post you want to change and hold the mouse down, then (click and drag) to highlight all your text. Then, go up to "Edit" at the top of your computer screen menu bar and click on "Copy". Then, go to your old post and click on "Post Reply". When your new blank reply screen comes up, mouse click to get a blinking cursor in the reply box, then go up to the "Edit" menu and click on "Paste". Now you can edit your old yarn and have a new yarn. Leave your old un-editable post hanging where it's at and we can ask webguy delete it later! Thanks for your help. My step-dad (aka "real" dad) was Semper Fi (and gung-ho). Taught me to be cool and think about solutions. And thanks Roy for coming forward with the story box idea.

Comment

To Fi or not to Fi

I was Army, not Marines, but more about that in a minute.

I saw a license plate on a car not long ago which indicated that the driver had decided not to go into the Marine Corps. His tag said: Didn't Fi. Hope his dad couldn't find the pistol.

I assume that the "Semper" in the Marine Corps slogan means forever, right? Today the U.S. Army trumped the Marines in the seems-like-an-eternity department. I opened a package received in the mail today. It was a nice box containing three medals and two ribbons I was awarded during my days in the Army (including the Army Commendation Medal), but never physically received until today.

Have you heard the phrase used in the military of "Hurry Up and Wait?" I asked for the medals before I left active duty, but was told that it would delay my return to civilian status. So I hurried up to be discharged. And waited. My last day of active duty was March 4, 1972.

Roy :

Comment

Semper Fi...or...What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Semper Fi.......short for 'Semper Fidelis'......Offficial Marine Corp slogan meaning 'ALWAYS FAITHFUL'....and 'Gung Ho' is Chinese which roughly translates to 'Work Together'.....or when applied to an individual or group of Marines means 'ready to fight' or he's a 'Super Clean Marine' type....or 'Hard Corp' which in itself means don't ever say nothing negative about HIS 'Corp'. Believe me, You have to apply all those terms when your barely 5'7" a 'Yankee' from 'Jersey'...and your 'Southern Born and Raised' 'DI" or Drill Instructor doesn't like you...much..(this is when D.I.'s used to physically BEAT YOUR ASS for fun...and often!!)....and your first 'Hand-to-Hand' fighting is against a 6'4" 'Rebel'... with a jaw of granite....(You don't think the D.I. did this on purpose do you??)...hell of a nice guy tho...when he wasn't fighting you....not once mind you but every damn time you have to fight...Pugil-Sticks (long, thick stick with two hard stuffed canvas bags on each end for beating your opponent sensless while leaving marks akin to road rash on your face, cracked ribs, broken fingers, split open thumbs and other minor irritations like swollen nuts!), Rifles (11.5 lbs wood handled M-14's) and Bayonet.....BAYONET??!!....(thats Military jargon for ONE BIG ASS NIFE!!) Did you know that you can have a two sizes too small 'football' helmet ripped off your head and get 'knocked out cold' by a 6'4" Marine carrying a Pugil-Stick...YEP...SEVERAL TIMES!! I don't think he liked football helmets....(and I'm sure its why I don't like wearing a motorcycle helmet!) Didn't help having 60+ fellow Recruits and a couple 'Good Ole Boys' D.I.'s yelling "Kill that sum'*****".....What a great sense of humor we had back then!! Great bunch of guys! 'Boot Camp' on Parris Island, S.C. ....I had a lot of fun. Wish I could do it again!! Anyway...Nice to see the Army didn't forget about you! Too bad it didn't take them that long to Draft you!! Ha.Ha!! "Hurry up and wait"..... as true in the Marines as it was in your Army.... Air Force and Navy too I bet!!.... ..Semper Fi....Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Working...
            X