Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 74 Shop's 2011 Great Upstate NY Challenge

The 74 Shop's 2011 Great Upstate NY Challenge
    In light of the cancellation of this year's Cannonball I've decided to announce something I've been thinking of doing for quite a while now. I will be organizing a 5 day Great Upstate NY Challenge totalling about 1250 miles. I have hosted the 2008 AMCA Catskill Mountains road run and have hosted a small road run out of my shop the past few years before the Rhinebeck National. I was planning on doing something small again this year but since there is no northeast AMCA road run this year and now no Cannonball I think this may fill the void. It will be like the Cannonball meets an AMCA road run, possibly similar to an old Gypsy Tour. I hope this may fill the void for those who wanted to see another Cannonball and are were looking for an AMCA road run in the northeast.

The details will be finalized before Jan. 1st.

I'm planning on a BBQ Sunday night after Rhinebeck in nearby Newburgh, NY. I hope to have it at the new AMCA / V-Twin museum. Monday morning we will travel to beautiful Ithaca, NY then Tuesday to Niagara Falls, NY followed by Alexandria Bay, NY on Wednesday then Lake Placid, NY on Thursday and end up Friday afternoon in Round Top, NY the sight of our 2008 Catskill Mountains Road Run. The package will include an opening BBQ, ending banquet, participation award with picture & frame, 5 days of route sheets, & a support truck & trailer capable of up to 10 bikes. There will be awards similar to AMCA road runs and a special sticker for all those who complete the total milage. I am going to limit the run to the first 100 people. We had 125 on our 2008 road run and it was great, maybe I'll go to 125 if there is enough interest. The only rules will be 35 years and older and kick only motorcycles. Special rates will apply to pre-30 motorcycles and previous cannonballers ride for free if they ride their Cannonball bike!

I will have all the hotel info, prices, parking arrangements, etc by Jan 1st. The dates for the 2011 Rhinebeck National are Thursday June 9th through Sunday June 12th. The check in date for the run will be 5PM or so on Sunday the 12th so it will not interfere with the meet and judging. Newburgh is about 30-40 minutes south of Rhinebeck. We will end the run on Friday afternoon upon our return from Lake Placid on Fri. June 17th.

You will see the Hudson River Valley, Catskill Mountains, Finger Lakes, Niagara Falls, Lake Ontario, The St. Lawrence Seaway & 1000 Islands, Lake Champlain, Adirondack Mountains and so much more. I love NY and I want to show the best of it to my fellow riding enthusiasts.

All the details will be posted on my website www.The74Shop.com by Jan. 1st 2011.

The 2008 Catskill Mountains Road Run was a hell of a good time and I plan on bringing that vibe to this years run. I had the time of my life on the 2010 Cannonball & I hope to include alot of that vibe, too.

Steve Barber 845-389-7197 The74Shop@hotmail.com

WAY TO GO STEVE!!!!!!!!
    this is a great part of the country to ride, and if it is 1/2 as good as the 2008 run it will be GREAT!!!
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Steve sounds like a great time. I'm a new transpant to New York, just got stationed up at Fort Drum. Hopefully I'll be back from Afghanistan by June, I would love to take part.

Comment

I don't know if I can make this or not BUT......
        The Catskills ride I went on that Steve hosted was OUTSTANDING !!! It was top notch run through some of the most beautiful country in the east, the route was superb, this will be a fantastic event I'm sure.

Comment

If you are at Fort Drum make sure you go over to Iron Block Harley at Adam's Center. Erik has set up a great museum there and has lots of vintage bikes on display .

Comment

Sounds like a great time, count me in. bbrow301@verizon.net

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year to you all. I've got most of the details for the run worked out and they are now posted on my website. Thanks to everyone for your support in getting this adventure together.

This is going to be one hell of a good time!

http://www.the74shop.com/2011_great_...e_ny_challenge

Comment

Hi Everyone!
                The hotel info has been finalized and is posted on my website. http://www.the74shop.com/2011_great_...e_ny_challenge
                Check out the add in the upcoming issue of the AMCA magazine. Call or email me for more info or a registration form if you're interested in joining us on this amazing ride through Upstate NY.
                I will be riding my 58 Panhead from Saugerties, NY to Eustis, FL & back starting tomorrow. Come up and talk with me at the meet if you have any questions about the ride.
                Steve Barber The74Shop@hotmail.com 845-389-7197

Comment

Working...
                X