A Celebration of Fours, Pukekohe, February 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Celebration of Fours, Pukekohe, February 2011

I've been asked to get together a line-up of in-line fours as the feature display at next years Pukekohe Classic Festival.
    At this stage these bikes are confirmed so hows this for a line-up?
    3 x 1922 Ace Sporting Solos, 1929 Cleveland Tornado, 1905, 1910 and 1915 F.N. fours, 1913, 1916, 1917, 1918,1922, 1923, 1924,1929, 1930 and 1931 Henderson's, 2 x 1928 Indian/Aces, 1937, 1939, 1940 Indian fours, 1916 Militaire and a 1916 running display engine, 1952 Nimbus four and a as yet to be confirmed 1910 Pierce four.
    If we're really lucky we might even get an in-line four Brough Superior there.
    Just over 350 entrys have been received for the classic racing so it shaping up to be a pretty good 3 days of motorcycling.
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Tommo,
    What is the date of this event? My in-laws live in Pukekohe right across from the race track. I was planning on being in New Zealand in January for my father-in-law's 85th birthday, if it's early enough in February, I may stay on "fer a spell".
    Thanks,
    Pete
    Pete Cole AMCA #14441
    1947 Indian Chief

Comment

4th 5th and 6th Practice Friday, Racing Saturday and Sunday
      It's the best meeting of it's type in the Southern Hemisphere and one of the best in the World.
      In this day and age it's one of the very few race meetings were you are free to wander around, at no extra charge, in the pit area amongst all the action.
      Camping is allowed and Friday night in the pits is a very social occasion
      If you make it look me up and we can sink a cold one or two.
      A.M.C.A. # 2777

Comment

Tommo!!! Don't forget to bring your camera..........
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Yes Tommo, as Cory said - that sounds very impressive and we would all like to see and hear about it. Hope it all comes together well, best of luck.

Comment

Please have the camera and get some photos. 90% of that stuff will be real. If this event was in CA, 90% of it would be Memorex!

Comment

Originally posted by chicagohen View Post
              Please have the camera and get some photos. 90% of that stuff will be real. If this event was in CA, 90% of it would be Memorex!
              Now that's an astute observation !
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Tommo, a good friend of mine in Sdney is asking me if y'all have a website as he would like to inform his club members in OZ.
                Pete
                Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Pete,
                  There's no official website so you'll have to rely on me and I'll have to rely on Cory.
                  There's always several photographers at the meeting and no doubt they will have web sites with photos up after the meeting.
                  www.sportsimages.co.nz is the only one I have a web address for at present but I'll put more up when I have them.
                  The list of bikes grows. We now have two 1917 Hendersons, one all original,unrestored and a mint restored example. Two unrestored 1918 Hendersons and a ripper KL Streamline Henderson. We've even got a 1942 Indian Four,one out of the very last batch produced.
                  This gives us examples of the first and last Indian Fours (1928 and 1942) and almost the first and last Hendersons (1913 and 1931) so the line-up should be pretty impressive.
                  On the Saturday there will be parade laps of the circuit by all those in line fours that wish to do so and because of this I'm going back out into the shed to continue giving my Ace and Militaire the birthdays they deserve so they look and sound the part at this event.
                  Pete I hope to see you there.
                  A.M.C.A. # 2777

Comment

Originally posted by chicagohen View Post
                    That tells me how little you know. Come to the Dixon AMCA meet and have a look at some of the great machines there. Here are pictures from Dixon '08.
                    http://vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/v/Dixon/
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I got my Ace 4 out and gave it an oil change and a once over in preparation for Pukekoke and thought a picture or two might be appropiate.
                      It's an as ridden, as found motorcycle that barks loudly out that brass exhaust pipe and yes I know its not quite factory correct but I like it just as it is and as long as I own it that's how it will stay.
                      Attached Files
                      A.M.C.A. # 2777

Comment

Thanks for the photos Tommo!!! I'm glad your going to leave it alone. That bike is perfect just the way it is!!!
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Well it's been and gone but last week-end at Pukekohe was a ripper.
                          I'm going to send a disc of photos to Cory to put up but if you can't wait go to, www.kiwirider.co.nz and on the right hand side of the page is the "Latest KR News and Features" index
                          In this section you'll find stuff under the following headings;
                          Classics II
                          Classic Movie
                          100 years of Henderson
                          Classics photo set

I've attached a photo of me on the Ace entering the back straight at Pukekohe Raceway. It was raining and wet jeans and exposed rear spark plugs kept me wide awake.

Enjoy
                          Attached Files
                          A.M.C.A. # 2777

Comment

Awesome stuff Tommo ! thanks

Comment

Thanks for the update Tommo! I really like that '18 with the wooden box hack! You also look at home on an ACE! I look forward to seeing more pictures. Oh, and at the end of the video clip did I see you on a Militaire?

Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                              X