Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library

Figured to download some data before I could not post anymore but the virtual library, over at the AMCA site, does no recognise my login in via the forum. Data requested asks for way to much. It asks for everything except my membership number. Since the library is free to members of the AMCA, why can't I download just for logging into the forum or supplying my membership number ? Thanks, Paps

I believe the same new rules that apply to the forum will also apply to having library access. No tickee no laundry.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

The logging-in process for the virtual library is UPSIDE DOWN, is all, Paps:

If your membership number was enuf, any fool could make up a number and get in for free.

But it doesn't have to be "one size fits all" requiring a complete application again, with ALL of your registration information, just to access the library. The way it is now is upside-down: They ask all the personal information before asking "Are you an AMCA member?" and you must type "YES" or "NO."
      That's backwards. They need to put that first, and if you are a member and confirm that it's you, with just one piece of info that only you would know, open it up to download as a member without all the complete billing address and phone number nonsense. That part should be tied on the back side right to your existing membership, as soon as you confirm that you are who you say you are. I know that's the hardest part of all this online ordering rigamaroll, but it's what is needed to quell all the uproar, regarding this forum and the library.
      Last edited by Sargehere; 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM.
      Gerry Lyons #607
      http://www.37ul.com/
      http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

It is not free i did a test filled it all out with a diff name and addy but they want my
        Capture.JPG
        Jeff Bowles
        Arkansas
        Membership # 14023
        1957 Sportster

Comment

Originally posted by jmanjeff View Post
          It is not free i did a test filled it all out with a diff name and addy but they want my
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5646[/ATTACH]
          That is leftover from the old system. Once you say you are a member and continue on you will get the download free.
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

It is not free i did a test filled it all out with a diff name and addy but they want my Credit Card
            You didn't get far enough!
            Robbie
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I click on Agree to Terms and Conditions, type YES in the box asking if I'm an AMCA member and voila!!! I go to checkout with a zero balance.
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
                You didn't get far enough!
                Robbie
                Yes I did but i see what happened where i typed yes for are you a member , it changed it back to no
                Jeff Bowles
                Arkansas
                Membership # 14023
                1957 Sportster

Comment

Originally posted by jmanjeff View Post
                  Yes I did but i see what happened where i typed yes for are you a member , it changed it back to no
                  Jeff
                  the problem might be that your membership expired on 4/1/2010
                  Kevin Valentine 13
                  EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Working...
                  X