Ebay carb sold tonight over$2300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay carb sold tonight over$2300

For those that follow ebay. The early brass schebler sold for big bucks. What was the application?
    Ross

Yowzers.... I didn't notice it and now I can't find it after it's closed. I'd be curious to see what it looks like.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170554178845
      ...bill in corvallis
      Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

it never needs gas!!
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

"Some of the numbers stamped on it in different places are: H 135, H13, 9, Y, N, H." Yet the seller does not show any numbers in the auction pictures. ...bill
          Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

The carburater appears similar to the carb. on my Ghost, a large 1 1/8" throttle plate (common is 3/4") for an early carb yet the intake end appears larger screaming early racer perhaps?
            Joe

Comment

I've never seen a Schebler like that on a teens vintage Henderson, Harley, Excelsior, or Indian. That doesn't mean it's not possible; but if someone want authenticity, and correctness for a vintage motorcycle; why pay big bucks for an odd-ball carb. To me, it looks like an automobile carburetor. I would really like to see a period photograph of that carb on a motorcycle.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

It's not a record;
                I remember a DLX113 going for about a grand more.

And I'm not even registered for ebay.

....Cotten
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

looks like the carbs on the Ex factory racers in my yardlong. ( sorry to bring that up again!)

Comment

That's a serious bit of kit. Barry you're on the money with your identification.
                    If you go to page 119 of Stephen Wright's book American Racer you'll find a good photo of Roy Artley astride an Excelsior with one of those carbs fitted.
                    Period photos of Cyclone, Excelsior and even 8 valve Harleys exist showing them fitted with this big bore, racing Model H Schebler.
                    To someone restoring one of these machines that carb is worth every cent that was bid for it.
                    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
                    A.M.C.A. # 2777
                    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Thanks Tommo and Barry. I thought you guys might nail that one. Tommo I agree with your assessment. If it's that rare and you need it , that would be a fair price for a rare find.
                      Ross

Comment

Working...
                      X