J P cycles yard long's photo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J P cycles yard long's photo's

Probably old news to you guys, but just in case it's not. J P cycles has a couple yard long photo's, which I think are pretty sharp. Their not cheap, but a pretty good deal I think - about 140 buck's framed and everything ready to go on the wall. I have three now, just got a neat raceing one - somewhat like in the other post. I am not saying their of the same quality, but I feel their pretty good and I like all of mine thus far. The latest one has several cool Excelsior's and Indian's and HD's and I think a Thor also.
    Anyways - for those of us in the poor end of this hobie, I think their worth it. So far to - I am surprised to say I have not sceen another at any of my friends garages, so their fairly unique. Just thought I would pass it on, for those that might be interested.

Thanks for the heads up Tom!!! There are some cool pics here.... http://www.jpcycles.com/search/searc...=All&x=31&y=13
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

$140.00 framed is a bargan compared to $1,500.00 for a bare copy photo. I bought J&P's photos at the National Motorcycle Museum a few years ago. Not the best quality but still nice wall hangers.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

They all look like crap compared with mine. I have plenty like those , most are boring and poor quality. How many do you want? Would you like them with a lovely frame direct from Shanghai ?
        Last edited by Barry Brown; 10-20-2010, 08:59 PM.

Comment

47 WL
          51 Ls Sidecar
          03 FLHT
          http://www.gouldingsidecars.com

Comment

Wow!! The conflict has bounced to another thread. As near as I can figure (not that it matters much) Barry is correct on the quality and the significance of his yardlong. If he wants to keep the number of copies down it's bound to add that much more to it's value. Whether people agree or not, it is his picture to do with as he wishes. The people that can afford it will have it displayed in their homes and the people that can't will have to settle with a more economical option. I personally can't afford to dump huge sums on a such a photograph no more than I can afford a hundred thousand dollar '36 Knucklehead. I won't cry about it as it's just the facts. We are all in a hobby that has burst through the stratosphere. Prices go up signifcantly when supply doesn't meet demand. We can't have it all but should be happy with what we have. Now if I could just find that Harley flat tanker in a barn for pennies on the dollar my antique motorcycle world would be complete..........
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Well put Cory,
              I've always seen Barry as a stand up guy, honest, ethical, very knowledgable, and very easy to deal with. He usually has the cream of the crop, and definetely steps up to the plate for some of the most spectacular stuff in our hobby; usually leaving me wishing that I hadn't snoozed on the deal.
              Like you Cory, I don't have the dough to spend on wall hangers; I need it for the stuff that runs (or is supposed to run). But it would be nice.
              I do know that our own SFMC, established in 1904, just re-inacted one of the many, many yard-long photos we have. This one was a joint venture with the Pasadena MC on the beach at San Lois Obisbo. We managed to get over 1000 people on the beach to re-do the 1914 version of the photo from the same angle. We made 1000 copies of it, and I think we need to sell them for $175 to break even. This is with the photographer being in-house (one of us, doing it for free). Of course this is digital, and all modern stuff, as I don't know what goes into scanning the old stuff.

Jus' sayin', RF.

Comment

Working...
              X