Hanson Sportshield reproduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanson Sportshield reproduction

Gentlemen, having just bought myself my first 40`s bigtwin Harley (48 Pan) I need to know who is making the reproduction Hanson Sportshield that I have seen on some Knuckles and springer Pans. I love that construction and its style and would like to add this to my bike.

Any leads and info truly apprechiated (will get me in such a positive mood that I will post more Scandinavian motorcycle pics from Yesterdaze on the old photos thread).

Thanks a lot :-)

Sverre K. Gerber
    AMcN
    http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
    And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
    This is a great theory.
    If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Wish i could help Sverre. The only thing I have heard is that there was one small run made and sold and then no more. But I don't know who made them. I like them too and wouldn't mind getting a repop myself. Here is my '47 Knuckle with an original!
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Congrats on the '48 Sverre!!!

Nice Knuck Robbie!!!

Here's a link to a bike that Dale Walksler built. In the article is the name of the fella who repopped them... http://www.bikernet.com/pages/story_detail.aspx?id=209
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

I bought an original many years ago from Toney Watson in Wauseon. It looked cool, and the theory sure sounds good, but in reality, they seem to direct the wind into your face when in the lower position.
        I made many attempts at getting it repoed by some of the well knowns in the industry. All to no avail. I loaned it out to a buddy for him to try getting it repopped, but he failed too. Funny though, him & his buddy now have nice new ones.
        Hmmmm.
        RF.

Comment

Old thread, is anyone still looking for these? I can help.
          Don't fall for the ebay ads, they are way less than $1K.
          Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Working...
          X