Motorcycle Track Racing Germany Harley 8 Valve Excelsior Super X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Track Racing Germany Harley 8 Valve Excelsior Super X

These guys know how to have fun!!!! Dig the sound of those racers!!!

This one may have been posted before but I just couldn't resist!!!

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Hi Cory, those Germans sure know how to have fun with their racers! Find more from these events here; http://murderdromecycles.blogspot.com/

Sverre
    AMcN
    http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
    And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
    This is a great theory.
    If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

Hey Sverre!!! Great link thanks!!! Did you see this one? http://www.oldtimer-markt.de/#16421210
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks

Always wanted to see/hear a ported cylinder motor run.
        Last edited by JohnR; 10-13-2010, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Cory, glad you liked it. Nope I didnt see that Oldtimer markt link before tough I have seen pretty much the same video at some other site wich I dont remember. Looking at the banking angle the speed need to be present at those bikes climbing the upper part trough the curve. I did try the Monthlery bankings twice during Coupe Moto Legende in Paris, and I tell you there was no way I could get any high up the wall with a Gnohme et Rhone AX12 that was provided for me by a friend.

I recently came across on some blogspot site that some younger guys into custom built motorbikes discovered a concrete oval track in US somewhere wich they cleaned and drove on, did you see this? Could allso have been on the www.jockeyjournal.com or jalopyjournal.com sites, I`m loosing track of where I see what.

Sverre
          AMcN
          And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
          This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

Sverre!!! Very cool that you got the opportunity to ride the "wall"!!! Is this the track you were referring to?

Hey Slojo were you aware of this place???
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Sverre.... I've just been checking out your blog. I hadn't visited in quite awhile. I won't do that again. I've got a lot of reading to do!!! Great stuff!!!! The "As Found" section is awesome!!!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Cory, that is indeed the track I was talking about. My blog, wish I had more time there is loads of stuff on my harddisk but less time to get any online. I will try to get some more photos onto the old photos thread too here on the forum too, that thread have always been great fun and should be kept alive.

Sverre
                AMcN
                This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree with keeping the Old Photo thread alive..... I'm pretty sure I've got a few more around here to post. I've still got a lot of reading to do on your blog Sverre so you've still got time to update it.......
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Hi Guys

we still have some oval tracks here in Germany. 3 of them are being used for track racing with vintage motorcycles so far:
                    Solingen + Darmstadt with a banking of abt 29° and the Queen of tracks Bielfeld with 49° !
                    Especially Bielefeld gives you the thrill and this year there were 8 or 9 american made boardtrackers on the course incl the 8 valve Harley and a 4 cylinder cleveland. Missing a racer, i had my Indian Scout 101 and my HD WL Bobber in Bielfeld. Solingen with my Super X.

I hv some videos in on YouTube.

My Blog www.americancycles.blogspot.com, which is unfortunately for you abroad, in german, has some links to my webalbums fm Solingen and Bielfeld. Choose the Label Track Race. Will dig out the direct links later.

Thomas
                    AMCA Member #16550
                    My Blog

Comment

Here are the direct links to my webalbums:

>>>Solingen Trackrace May 2010<<<

>>>Trackrace Bielefeld August 2010 album 1<<<

>>>Trackrace Bielefeld August 2010 Album 2<<<

Have Fun

Thomas
                      AMCA Member #16550
                      My Blog