Cannonball 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannonball 2011

Get ready for another thrill ride folks!!!!

http://www.motorcyclecannonball.com/...d=1885#pid1885
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Interesting. I wish them good luck on this event which is bound to be a hoot!
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Oh Boy, I am going to have to ride up to San Fran to see em ride by this time ;-). Cant wait to see it!

Comment

If anyone has contact information for Jurassic or other organizers for this proposal (Cannonball run 1915-29), I will try to run a notice in the 101 Scout newsletter. About half the 101s would be eligible, so it might stir some interest, but I don't want to run it with no way for anyone to inquire further.

Just email me directly at:

bkelley@phillynews.com

Motorcycle Cannonball 2011
        for the last 2 weeks i have been trying to figure out how to put together an event for next year. i go into this knowing that whatever we put together will never live up to the 2010 event. i have also become aware that another event will almost certainly cost more money than the last. a $2500.00 entry fee would definatly help things ,but comes with its own set of problems. in these hard times it will be difficult to get so many riders to come up with the funds 10 months before the event. if 40 riders paid ,then that would just cover half of the event costs. the bottom line is, we need a major sponsor. the good news is ,we had a successful event,with tons of press, several book deals ,and a documentary to follow. above all we had a blast. to qoute many of our riders "the best time i've ever had". i have recieved emails from here and abroad,all expressing interest in another event. this is what i am proposing. new york to san francisco , by way of milwaukee ,anamosa ,sturgis ,jackson hole ,and redding. bikes made from 1915 to 1929,that must be able to maintain 50 MPH. leaving the east coast just after davenport in early september. a two week event. while not being able to match the hype of the original event i think this run would be alot of fun,through some great scenery ,with some great stopovers.i am open to suggestions,and would like to know how many people would be interested. i am also looking for sponsors.

Comment

Attn Jurassic

Jurassic ... I see you're posting ... pls see my note above.

I will try to get the word out if I have a way for people to contact you or other organizers.

Comment

hi bob ,sorry i missed your post . my email is jurassicracing@directv.net
            www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Thanks Jurassic -- I will pass the word to the 101ers.

If this comes about and any 101 riders participate, I'm sure we'll have a big splash in our WOW newsletter.

We've had a lot of 101 participation in group rides in Australia and Great Britain in recent years. Maybe some of those people might consider coming here for this ... it's going to involve a lot of expense in any case, so why not add shipping the bike to the US to the bill. I don't think it's that expensive to transport a bike by ship but I don't know exactly how that works in terms of loading, picking up, paperwork for US riding etc.

Comment

Working...
              X