Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 mile ride without using hands ...nonstop

October 04, 2010 8:51 PM EDT
    ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) — A man plans to ride his Harley-Davidson about 300 miles from the Mackinac Bridge in Michigan to the Ohio border without using his hands to steer to raise money for Parkinson's disease research. Phil Comar of Adrian told The Daily Telegram that the Sunday ride is in memory of his father, Robert, who died in 2008. He wants to raise $3,000 with the ride for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.

The 61-year-old has been riding motor bikes and motorcycles almost 50 years, and said he'll steer with his legs and by leaning. An extra gas tank has been added to the back of his motorcycle so he can go nonstop.

Comar plans to ride to the bridge that connects Michigan's Upper Peninsula and Lower Peninsula on Saturday — no-handed at times.

Phil Comar's ride information: http://www.teamfox.org/2010/phil
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Should be smooth sailing till he gets to Bay City. Most of the Michigan state troopers are pretty easy going but this just might test their patience. It is a great cause and i hope he raises alot of money for it.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

Seems more like a foolish stunt that will surely give the anti-motorcyclists more fodder. His intent is good but the method he chose to raise this money is just plain dumb ...at least in my humble opinion.
      AMCA 15783

Comment

Originally posted by Northwoods_Maine View Post
        Seems more like a foolish stunt that will surely give the anti-motorcyclists more fodder. His intent is good but the method he chose to raise this money is just plain dumb ...at least in my humble opinion.
        Agreed. It's not a matter of skill, most all of us could the same.

Comment

i can't. wait to every town he drives through gives him a fine.i stood up to pull the shorts out of crack.while i was getting the wedgie out a cop pulled me over for both hands not on the bars.$51 later i was on my way. now if i could just shift out of first.
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

A guy named Eddie rode his bike from Los Angeles to Las Vegas without hands. An article about in, I think, Easyriders back in the '80's.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Just think about how many text messages he'll be able to send in 300 miles if he don't have to be bothered with touching the bars in 300 miles!!!

Comment

LMAO at the text messaging John. Good luck riding over the Mackinaw Bridge which with approaches is 5 miles long has open grating in the middle likes to sway in the wind which is always present. Hell I hate riding over it on a sunny calm day.

Comment

Working...
                X