Bill Wood, Cannonball Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Wood, Cannonball Rally

I would like to acknowledge and thank Bill for his efforts on the run. I didn't know Bill prior to the rally, but as a member of the support staff I saw him often every day of the trip. Always pleasant and cheerful despite performing what was arguably the most difficult and trying task of the rally, he never lost his humor. After a long day in the chase vehicle, he would scramble to get a bite to eat and then hit the computer to perform his AMCA duties. We are very lucky to have Bill as Editor of our magazine. Thanks Bill!
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

I will second that.
    Joe

Comment

Bill is a rock star in this world. A great guy with a keen eye and willinginess to share.
      Buzz Kanter
      Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
      [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
      [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Thanks, but…

As far as I'm concerned, the guys with the really tough job were Kyle and all the other members of the motorcycle sidecar crew--Jim Richard, Jerry Wieland, Tim Yeates, "Mongo" Pat Kelly--plus the other support riders--Ed Gorman, Gary Haynes, Carl Olsen, Dave Jones and Jo Sparrow.

Those guys rode every one of the 3,294 miles that the competitors did, survived the heat and rain, had to fix their bikes at night and stopped to help everyone along the way, often hauling in bikes and riders on their rigs.

Mongo didn't even let a crash slow him down. He got his rig back on the road, beat it straight at the Coker Tire headquarters that night and barely took time to make a stop for treatment of a massive case of poison ivy he suffered in the off-road excursion.

I think everyone really felt a sense of being part of something very special during what I am now referring to as the "Sleep Deprivation Tour--2010."

Bill Wood

Comment

actually Bill, Kyle is right on the money, you deserve a BIG pat on the back and deserve as much (or more) credit as everyone that went the distance. After all, you did too.

When we had dinner in Hot Springs I was amazed that you still had the same enthusiasm at the half-way point that you had in Kitty Hawk. I wish I had been at the finish but I'll bet it was still there. Thanks for hanging in there and keeping us all posted along the way. GREAT JOB!!!

Mike

Comment

Everyone that had anything to do with this amazing event deserves credit. I too appreciate Bill's efforts in keeping us fans informed!!!! Great job Bill!!!
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
            X