Circuit Breaker Base Indentification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circuit Breaker Base Indentification?

I have 2 HD circuit breaker bases, 48-60 style(late style points), with a cutout opposite
    (180 degrees almost exactly) to the cable post slot. Both cutouts in both bases are 3/16 deep from the bottom up and 2in. long. The cutouts appear to be machined or stamped in and the one seems to still have cad plating in the cutout. Is this factory or was it modified for a reason?

Thanks. Bob Rice 6738
    Bob Rice #6738

K-Model and early Sportster with the cutout for case clearance.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Bob!

If you mean a Big Twin timer like the one shown in the attachment,
      I have no idea.

.....Cotten
      Attached Files
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

how about the 1936 and 1937 circuit breaker difference!!!!!!!!???????

Comment

So those are "housings" and not "bases in my previous post, but I would still like to know what model had the control slot on the opposite side.

And what is a "security token" that prevents me from editing my post?

Thanks in advance,

....Cotten
          AMCA #776

Comment

Cotten,
            What I have are (I thought) Big Twin or SV as described on page 391 in Palmers. Circuit Breaker Bases not Circuit Breaker Shaft Housings. The slot is there for the cable adjusting post and they are installed. I have an additional cutout as previously described. These must be for K model or early Sportster as Rub mentioned? ? Thanks.

Bob Rice 6738
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Bob!

As I posted the second time, I would like the odd 'housing' identified.

As for your point bases, without a picture I would suspect that they are '65 models, if the 'cut-outs' are arcs on the top of it that would allow adjustment upon the two studs that attached the base to the housing.
              (I hope to attach a pic later, if I can come up with a 'security token' to allow it...)

....Cotten
              AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
                Cotten,
                What I have are (I thought) Big Twin or SV as described on page 391 in Palmers. Circuit Breaker Bases not Circuit Breaker Shaft Housings. The slot is there for the cable adjusting post and they are installed. I have an additional cutout as previously described. These must be for K model or early Sportster as Rub mentioned? ? Thanks.

Bob Rice 6738
                Bob!

For lack of a "security token", I must post again with this pic of a '65-only "base" to the right of a '66 or later
                "base".

Hope this helps...

....Cotten
                PS: Still hopeing for an answer about my odd "housing"!
                Attached Files
                AMCA #776

Comment

Cotton,
                  I am new to the Forum so I wasn't sure how to post a picture. But here goes, hopefully it will clear up what I described in the original post. Thanks for the input. Not sure if attaching photo correctly. Bob
                  Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Your attachment is fine Bob, and as I said, those are K or early Sportster.
                    Robbie
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Robbie, I appreciate your input. I identified my spare bases as such. Anyone have a 48-60 BT they want to trade?

Bob Rice #6738
                      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
                      X