Jefferson update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jefferson update

I spoke to Scott English at 11am Thursday. Right now it is raining very hard and they have not started to mark out the vendor spaces. They are asking everyone to not arrive until Friday morning, even then the grounds may still have to be marked out. If that is the case it may not open to venders until after noon. I will try to post a update around 4pm.

update

I spoke to Scott English a few minutes ago and they have a break in the weather and they are marking out the field. Scott still suggested that vendors arrive Friday morning.

Comment

back from the mud pit. looked like a lot of vendors got scared off by the rain
      rob ronky #10507
      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Where's the pics????
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

it's gonna be a while.photobucket wont work with all the new bs installed after the laptop virus.plus i may have only taken 7 or 8. i think alot of the amca.is still hungover from the cannonball and didn't make the trip this year.
          rob ronky #10507

Comment

Alright... you're off the hook...
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

even with the rain it was a great meet had to wait till Friday morning to set up, found a nice left side jd tank and a 1916 hd motor very complete and at a good price

Comment

sounds like a good find ( 16 motor ) too bad it came after the cannonball you could have used it

aka HAWG
                1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                1940 indian chief military
                1965 sportster xlch
                1969 sportster xlch bobber
                1971 bsa A65 chopper
                1969 harley ss350 sprint
                1960 harley topper
                1963 harley topper
                H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
                H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
                1949 harley model 125 bobber project
                1959 harley model 165
                1960 harley super 10
                1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
                EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

[QUOTE=aka HAWG;101567]sounds like a good find ( 16 motor ) too bad it came after the cannonball you could have used it

aka HAWG what I needed the most on the cannonball run was a good support crew and money both things I didn't bring enough of, (I had a spare motor with me) but after everything that happened before the motor seizing up I had enough.turns out it was the mag that seized up,and the motor is back together and will be running later this week.

Comment

IMG_1801.jpgIMG_1799.jpgIMG_1800.jpgIMG_1802.jpgIMG_1803.jpg
                    rob ronky #10507

Comment

IMG_1804.jpgIMG_1805.jpg
                      in his spare time brad restores bikes
                      rob ronky #10507

Comment

both bikes are dave's brad did the auto bi.now he has the jefferson to restore
                        rob ronky #10507

Comment

had a great time at the meet, Thanks White Rose Folks. got there early sat morning cause couldn't get off work. drove all night and stopped at a graveyard in Chambersburg PA at 3AM to take a nap for two hours - figured it would be nice and quiet there, and might as well get used to it now... turned out good because the weather there Saturday was great, some mud, but since we are used to filth this didn't bother us. left late afternoon and hit the car meet in Carlisle....a great one-two punch, bikes in the morning cars in the evening. i suspect the rain that forced vendors to hang back for a while made some of em stay later than usual saturday, again another lucky turn for those of us that could not get there earlier. more than enough vendors there to help me scratch some itches on my latest project. definately on my list to return next year, thanks again to all those that put the meet together.
                          Last edited by sludge; 10-04-2010, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Good day lads,
                            Here’s an update and there’s not much to it. First off I want to thank Red for the beginning post. He is the reason I chose to take the 4X4 pick’em up truck instead of the box truck. This was a no brainer. My kids and I pulled in around 7:00pm Thursday night. On the way there we hit rain on I76 that was so bad you couldn’t see two feet ahead of the truck. More than one time my thoughts wandered to the give up and turn around point. At the gate Steve Ciccalone let us in since we were in the corral area not the main field. We were the last people let in for the evening. Got some food into the boys and we made the decision to push forward. Threw on some rain gear and got the canopy up, tarps down and tent on top. I can’t say we were a hundred percent dry but warm and it sure beat spending the night sleeping straight up in the truck. It rained like all hell Thursday night. At day break it was over and the beginning of the great Jefferson mud fest 2010 was on.
                            The next morning I sat with my coffee and watched a steady stream of venders make their way in. I was expecting only half the venders but this was not to be. Almost everybody showed up. Maybe late but they got there. All in all, it was a fantastic weekend despite the downfalls. Steve should be commended for his diligent work in putting it all together, although his decisions were for a reason, it all worked out. Just imagine fifty vendors trying to drive around with trailers getting stuck all over the place in pitch dark?
                            I got a rear panhead and a triple tree top that I have been looking for a couple of years, so all was good – except for one more thing that I have to report. On Saturday morning at 6 a.m., I was over getting coffee and I spoke with one of the heads of the White Rose volunteers that I always talk to and he seemed extremely upset. I finally had to ask what was wrong. He reported to me that some human piece of **** had taken a magic marker the night before and had totally defaced one of toilet stalls in the men’s room. I saw it earlier and it was graffiti. It beats the hell out of me how someone could be invited to this beautiful place and deface it. Didn't have the photo bug in me this weekend. Bob L
                            Bob L.

Last edited by Robert Luland; 10-03-2010, 09:10 PM.
                            AMCA #3149
                            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                              both bikes are dave's brad did the auto bi.now he has the jefferson to restore
                              Just out of curiousity Rob does the cases read MACK on that Jefferson? Thanks for the pics by the way....
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                              X