• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly Hills, 1921

Here's a cool racin' clip!!!

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Thanks for sharing that Cory, I've been looking forward to seeing that video for a long time ! Did you notice how hard the santa ana winds were blowing that day. Shrimp Burns sure was one tough racer. They all had alot of hair on their chests in the old days !

Comment

Nice video. "Shrimp" and "Curley"? Must have been Moe bringin up the rear.
      47 WL
      51 Ls Sidecar
      03 FLHT
      http://www.gouldingsidecars.com

Comment

Great video . . . a lilltle sad. This is only a coupla months before Shrimp was killed in a race.

Bob TUrek

Comment

Right on Cory, thanks for posting - very cool. Indian Power Plus, right on! Go Indian!! I want one, a Power Plus, I am working on it. Got a PP engine under my desk in the garage, of course - right now that's all I have :-). Yep I think they were plenty tough, all those riders. Think about old Cannonball Baker, or some of the others, I bet they would git a real kick out of the run going on right now, to cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Parker View Post
            Thanks for sharing that Cory, I've been looking forward to seeing that video for a long time ! Did you notice how hard the santa ana winds were blowing that day. Shrimp Burns sure was one tough racer. They all had alot of hair on their chests in the old days !
            Glad you liked it Scott....... those were the days.

Originally posted by Tom Lovejoy View Post
            Right on Cory, thanks for posting - very cool. Indian Power Plus, right on! Go Indian!! I want one, a Power Plus, I am working on it. Got a PP engine under my desk in the garage, of course - right now that's all I have :-). Yep I think they were plenty tough, all those riders. Think about old Cannonball Baker, or some of the others, I bet they would git a real kick out of the run going on right now, to cool.
            Tom.... I'm sure the old timers would be most impressed with the goings on of the Cannonball. I'm betting though comments may get thrown around that started with "back in my day"...

What year is your Powerplus engine?
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

thanks for the clip cory,that was a nice trip back to the days..

Comment

Any clue where the front pipe went, ? He, they, didn't run without one did they?

Comment

Truly amazing people back then! Thanks for this, Cory! Imagine if we had a surround sound track to go with this clip. Man, oh man...Bones

Comment

Cory thanks again for posting, watched it again - just as much fun :-) it's a 19 PP motor. I am looking for the rest, maybe even a racer? some day.

Comment

Tom, I'm glad to find and post this stuff as I know there are folks out there that crave it as much as me!!! A racer would be very cool!!! I think it would be a real hoot to tear around a dirt track!!!
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Looks like another piece of Indian sales stuff. But I couldn't help noticing the bikes with the number 1, 2, and 3 plates were H-D.
                        Be sure to visit;
                        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                          Looks like another piece of Indian sales stuff. But I couldn't help noticing the bikes with the number 1, 2, and 3 plates were H-D.
                          That's exactly what I thought after watching that, a 1921 Powerplus infomercial: you needa Indian, buy one today! I thought it was interesting that they even mentioned the 8-valves. But it was still neat!, almost as good as watching Buzz Kanter riding his 1915 H-D at 55 mph.
                          mike
                          Last edited by schmittm; 09-21-2010, 08:49 PM. Reason: another ethnic slur edited, it don't like I N J U N either, c'mon kval, take some of the edit filters outta the forum

Comment

I think most of the companies of that era were guilty of self-promotion........
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                            X