Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To say hello and anybody with special fender needs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To say hello and anybody with special fender needs?

Greeting from the getting colder northern state of Michigan summer seems to have left us My name is Ken Hosford I have been into bikes since early 70s I worked at a BSA dealer after BSA went under fo 15? years off and on . Collected a few brit bikes along the way. Motor cycles lead to my interest in metal forming . I made a stump and learned to stump shrink with a hammer , that lead to building an English wheel . Which lead to a PullMax metal shearing and forming machine. After investing untold hours and a lot of $ i have figured out how to make radius topped fenders to most any diameter or width . I have made steel and alloy I have had some success with stainless steel which is awful stuff to work with I would post a few pictures but like a dummy I can not figure it out Ken

Welcome to the club. Your skills are in demand. I once commissioned a gas tank in stainless just like the one Lawrence had on his Brough. The expert "tin basher" petrol tank man in the UK said he tried repeatedly to form the front curves but was stymied by the work hardening and gave up. I have always thought if it could be done in the late 1920's someone should be able to do it now. What do you think?

Comment

Welcome Ken !

Hello & welcome ! If you need anything feel free to contact me, the club is great, watch out for pirates...Carl, Pusherman Racing

Comment

Ken,
        Maybe some contact info or a phone number would prove itself helpful.

Comment

Barry
          By memory the back of the Brough's tank is tighter radius than the front , other than the metal working problems I see the issue of communicating the necessary information as to shape and appropriate cap and filler neck. As far as contact info Ken at KenTriumph52@sbcglobal.net

Comment

Working...
          X