The New AMCA Website is Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New AMCA Website is Alive!

The new website is up and running and is frankly ...... beautiful!

Congratulations to all those involved including the web designer
    and creator ..... Jon Radermacher ...... very nice!

Roger Smith - Foundation Secretary - AMCA 1718
    Last edited by RSmith; 09-07-2010, 05:24 PM.

Looks great. Can the "Daily Posts" be added to the forum? It was a nice feature on the old one.
    47 WL
    51 Ls Sidecar
    03 FLHT
    http://www.gouldingsidecars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Big View Post
      Looks great. Can the "Daily Posts" be added to the forum? It was a nice feature on the old one.
      Mr. Big, "Today's Posts" appears in the top left corner under the "forum" tab if you are not logged in. It appears as "new posts" in the same place if you are logged in.

Comment

So far so good. Not much different then the old, but will take a little while to get use to.
        I have not been able to find a way to delete old posts.
        If some one can tell me how please do so.
        If not, that option should be available.
        Jim

Comment

This is your idea of a new site! What happened to the old sight that had cooling colors, character and some charisma? This is nothing more than a run of the mill network piece of ****. I’m afraid to see what the main site looks like. Bob L
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
            Mr. Big, "Today's Posts" appears in the top left corner under the "forum" tab if you are not logged in. It appears as "new posts" in the same place if you are logged in.
            So, to see Daily Posts I have to be logged out? Then should I want to post something I have to log back in? If we're voting, I'd sure like to go back to the old forum.....
            47 WL
            51 Ls Sidecar
            03 FLHT
            http://www.gouldingsidecars.com

Comment

The new website looks great but the links to the chapter websites are gone.

Comment

So, to see Daily Posts I have to be logged out? Then should I want to post something I have to log back in? If we're voting, I'd sure like to go back to the old forum.....
                No just click on "new posts" and you will see the new post
                Jeff Bowles
                Arkansas
                Membership # 14023
                1957 Sportster

Comment

Bookmark this link:
                  http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...php?&do=getnew
                  Click on it to see any new posts since your last visit ... Perry

Comment

Originally posted by junkyarddog View Post
                    So far so good. Not much different then the old, but will take a little while to get use to.
                    I have not been able to find a way to delete old posts.
                    If some one can tell me how please do so.
                    If not, that option should be available.
                    Jim
                    Jim
                    you can only delete a post for a short time, after that you can contact me with the information and I can delete them for you
                    Kevin Valentine 13
                    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Originally posted by kval View Post
                      Jim
                      you can only delete a post for a short time, after that you can contact me with the information and I can delete them for you
                      Why would anyone wish to delete something they posted?
                      Thinking ahead, RF.

Comment

Hi Kevin and great work from all concerned to get this fresh new Website up and running so quickly. It took me nearly an hour to explore, so there is a lot of content for members and non-members to enjoy. A few minor comments: on Join the Club the first sentence overlaps the picture. On Advertise with us, download should read downloading. On Chapters Map the Europe link does not seem to be working. Also note that Return Policy is still under construction. Please feel free to delete this post when these items are fixed. Best regards.

Comment

On the old website no one updated the local chapter events page in fact it was last attended to in 2007. I had posted a question on this forum as to why this was & the response was that a new website was in the works & it would be addressed, well i can't find any listing for local chapter events only national events, is this an oversite (since we know that the local chapters do hold meets of their own) or does the club not care about what the local chapters do & therefore don't feel they have to advertise local chapter meets on the club website.
                          Thanks in advance for your response
                          oz

Comment

Website updates

A couple of updates:

Harley1: The chapter websites are still available through the Chapter Map. Clicking on a Chapter will pop up a button to e-mail the Chapter and a button to go to the website (if they have one).

450Z: What we have created for members to talk about chapter events is the new Member Stories page, where AMCA members can submit stories on any subject related to antique bikes, including these events. We migrated the stories from the old site, including the one on a local Chapter event from 2007 that you noted. We're hoping the new page will attract more interest than the old version did, and build into a place where AMCA members can share information with other members on all kinds of topics.

Thanks for the input.

Bill Wood

Comment

Looking good!
                              Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                              1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Working...
                              X