New website on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New website on the way

As you know, we have been working on a new website for the AMCA for the past several weeks. That new site is now finished, and it will go live on Wednesday, Sept. 8. The final transition will require the existing site (including the forums) to be taken down while the changeover is made. We anticipate that the site will go down at 6 p.m. Eastern Time Monday.

For those of you who use the forums, here are three ways to get to them through the new website:

1) You can go to the Home page (www.antiquemotorcycle.org), put your cursor on the word “Features” in the red navigation bar across the top of the page, then click on “Community Forum.”

2) You can also watch for the “Forums” image to appear in the slideshow space in the center of the page and click on that.

3) Or, if you want to go straight to the forums without going through the Home page, just bookmark the forum pages directly at www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bboard.

Even if you’re used to going to the forums directly, though, you might want to check the home page starting this week, since we’ll be using the News area of the page to provide live, daily coverage of the Motorcycle Cannonball ride that begins Friday, Sept. 10. You’ve read a lot about the ride in these forums over the past several months, and now you can follow a few dozen of your fellow AMCA members as they take on the challenge of a 3,300-mile coast-to-coast ride on motorcycles made before 1916. Just look for the News item that says “Live from the Cannonball” on the new AMCA Home page at www.antiquemotorcycle.org.

Bill Wood

Daily Cannonball action!!! Very cool...
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
      Daily Cannonball action!!! Very cool...
      I agree! Boy are these guys going to have some fun. It will be great to have live updates. I'm hoping the new web site is going to be more photo friendly as well.
      ------------
      Steve
      AMCA #7300

Comment

Right on, I need my Cannonball fix.

Comment

We at www.caimag.com are also planning on posting daily info on the Motorcycle Cannonball - possibly with still photos and video too.
          Buzz Kanter
          Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
          [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
          [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Working...
          X