1915 Harley Cannonballers up Bear Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1915 Harley Cannonballers up Bear Mountain

Dave Fusiak and I rode our nearly matching 1915 Harleys up the very steep and winding roads on Bear Mountain in New York State today.

At the top we stopped and took a few photos before getting swarmed with many people, one of whom saw the bikes and shouted "It's the bike from American Iron Magazine." He got all excited and told everyone within a hundred feet that he had been reading about this bike but never expected to actually see it let alone see me ride by on it. I asked him if he wanted to sit on it and he got even more excited. That was fun for us all.

Pretty much everyone there wanted to know what year the old Harleys are, and none of them thought we were serious when we told them we were going to ride them to LA next week on the Motorcycle Cannonball.

Some of the folks there asked if we rode them up the steep mountain. What is with these people? And many of them want to know what the bikes are worth. My standard reply is "a small condo."

As you can see I finally have my speedometer mounted and sorted out and we fixed the front fork spring issue. Both bikes ran strong all day and we put on about 60 or 70 more miles.

I suspect this is my last shakedown ride before we pack up and head down to Kitty Hawk first thing Tuesday morning. Sure hope we and our bikes are ready.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine
Working...
X