No announcement yet.

Ebay ads posted on this website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah..so! Kamakazied by Perry Ruiter!! I don't know what past-posting-deletion "havoc" I created that you are referring to, but I reckon that it has to do with book-writers envy. How about we have a "no complete deletion of post rule" if that makes you happy? As far as being an adult. I'm not. That's why I ride Big Twins. I don' nebber wanna grow up....wanna be like Peter Pan for the rest of my life, and I don't like wearing shoes, long pants, or shirts either for the most part.
    OK, I'll make a deal wit' youses. If you give me back my "anytime edit" privileges, I'll serialize one chapter of our next book, and I won't delete whole posts (even after I get sick of reading them). I can't write about the nitty-gritty of the new book content on-line. I promised my co-author Mark Stettler I wouldn't. But I can write about the chapter on wiring the Big Twin , because Stett won't care and I will offer some writing tips I've found, as I go along. The first tip is: Don't repeat a word twice in one paragraph. Example: If you call the bike a "motorcycle" once, call it a "machine" the next time. Next tip: If you're going to write, then have a big dictionary next to you, and use a yellow pen to underline every word you look up. Chances are you'll be looking up the same word again sooner than later. Don't worry about marking highlights on the pages. If anyone says anything to you, just tell them I gave you permission. Ideas that make it onto a page are like air-bubbles that rise in water. Slowly. Independently. These brainstorm bubbles rise at their own rate of speed, most often after... 1440 minutes.
    Where's Greg Field, Allan Girdler & Jeff Hacket, Dorothea Briel, Jane Davidson, Gerald Foster, Timothy Remus, David K. Wright, or Jerry Hatfield? Where da guyz? I wanna hear some stories. We wanna romp and stomp on the keyboard. Are we living or just dying out here? Or, is it like Hrdly says, and there's really only 11 of us hanging out just reading our own posts? Get rid of the 1440 rule webguy. It's stifiling the antique lifestyle.

Comment

Just for the record, it was neither you nor Hrdly that caused me to agitate for the introduction of an edit time limit. Oh ... and I absolutely do not envy you ... Perry

Comment

No you shouldn't. My past has been a swamp.

Comment

Don't get me wrong Perry Ruiter, I have no axe to grind with you or anyone, especially fellow members of the AMCA. But it is interesting that such a sweeping change to the Forum Board (1440 minute edit) should come so quickly without any notice to the Membership as a whole. I think what ever problem or words you may have had with another Member should have been handled differently and without such a drastic change to the rest of the Memberships ability to edit their original posts. Nothing personal Web Guy, but having to contact you to ask for you to edit something that we could just as easily take care of ourselves seems bothersom. You've done a great job as Web Master. I certainly couldn't do it. But putting a 24Hr limit on Members posts only limits our ability to craft what we all hope is some interesting exchanges/stories. I prefer the 'No time limit' editing that you originally set-up for the Forum..... Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Sorry guys- that's it. Just watch your Ps and Qs. The format of the board has been designed to facilitate quick exchanges of information between many AMCA members. I suggest you contact Kevin Valentine to discuss participation in the judging arena. It will prove to be a challenging and rewarding experience.

Comment

Working...
            X