Davenport, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davenport, 2010

Well I just finished packing my trailer full of parts for Tenino Wa. and Davenport Ia. I have a lot of early J, JD, and Indian parts for the meet this year. Always doing Corbin speedometer work and making the cables. I am going to be set up with Jeff Coffman in Row Z ,spaces 23,24,25 and 26. Jeff is taking orders to bring parts to Davenport, so call him, 541-538-7028 if you need any Knucklehead or Panhead parts.
    Going to have Dewey and the Webber brothers there also. Dewey is bring a new pile of early Teens Harley parts and some early Indian parts.
    So how are the rest of you doing? Are you packed ? Any gray paint parts for my 1915 Harleys?
    Terry Marsh AMCA # 5477
    Last edited by marsh1915hd; 08-19-2010, 09:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Liberty shall once again be offering a bounty of $5 each for badly worn (but not chromed) American Big Twin drum sprockets.
    Please bring them to booth AG30, the second to last vendor on the promenade from the Locust St. gate to the race entrance.

Looking forward to meeting new friends and old,

....Cotten
    Attached Files
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Tom, is that gate to keep the watch dog in or the competitive dumpster hoppers out?
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
        Tom, is that gate to keep the watch dog in or the competitive dumpster hoppers out?
        Bob!

I just like the crackhouse look.

But seriously folks,
        Its preserving history.

Modern riders have no grasp upon the duty that these machines were put to.
        By displaying sprockets that have worn their teeth to needles, or reduced further beyond any concievable chain purchase, the gravity of hard times becomes apparent. The fact that the chains would have required constant attention to wear so evenly testifies to the self-reliant diligence of the riders.

Today's boutique crowd cannot fathom it.

....Cotten
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-20-2010, 08:01 AM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Well said Cotten!!! Some of the questions asked at gas stops just blow my mind!!! You fellas have great time in Davenport!!!!

By the way I really dig your sprocket security measures!!!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Leaving in the morning for Davenport. Have to go to Portland OR. and get in Jeff Coffman's rig. We pull a full trailer of parts. He keeps bitchin that my stuff weights too much. We did bend the axle a couple of years ago and then there was the tire problems. O'Well we always make it there and back with just a few speeding tickets. I look forward to Davenport all year, it's the best time of the whole year. Been going for 20 years now and hope to go for another 20. Still loading parts and getting ready. See you there, Terry Marsh #5477 Row Z Space 24 J, JD and Corbin Cables

Comment

Working...
            X