Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique Motorcycle Foundation Website

Web Site and Meeting Announcement

As President of the Antique Motorcycle Foundation, I am pleased to announce that the Foundation has launched a web site that we are sure will answer many of the questions that have been asked about the organization, how it was formed, and what its relationship is to the AMCA. On our web site you will find information about our history, or mission, and our current projects. We have also included meeting minutes since the Foundation was formed, as well as our key legal documents, including our latest filing with the IRS. You'll find information and photos from the exhibits we have created in Hershey and Newburgh. There is also a news page and a gallery of beautiful motorcycles that belong to members of the AMCA. Click http://www.antiquemotorcyclefoundation.org to visit our site.

Also, in the interest of helping AMCA members better understand what the Foundation is and does, we are setting aside some time at the beginning of our Board meeting in Davenport where anyone can attend, meet our Board members, and ask questions. The meeting will begin at 3 p.m. on Friday, September 3, 2010, at the Holiday Inn, 5202 N. Brady Street, Davenport 52806. Hope to see some of you there.

Dennis Craig, President
    Antique Motorcycle Foundation

Foundation site

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the link and keeping us informed.

Here is an idea for a " hands on " kind of display that you may consider for inclusion, under the heading of Education on the Evolution of the Motorcycle.

While touring some of the motorcycle museums in Britain { I forget which one} I spotted a series of displays that were built to sit upon, demonstrating a variety of suspension techniques that were employed in motorcycles over the years. They were a hard metal seat attached to different suspension components. None resembled a motorcycle, but rather it merely isolated the suspension component and the visitor could have an active checks on experience. None were built on sprung seats, but that is one more important aspect of suspension and could be included.

I also spotted a hand crank { well insulated } display hooked to lighting, designed to demonstrate what it takes to generate current for night time riding .

Club members could be solicited for the contribution of the orphaned suspension bit knocking around the garage to build around.

By including active displays { not only " Look but don't touch !" } it rounds out the experience for the visitor, and highlights one aspect of the beast that the visitor may then keep in mind as they continue thru the displays. It also gives the next generation of enthusiasts something to play with and hopefully help plant the seeds of creative thought. { Why did they build it that way Grandpa? }
    William McClean
    AMCA # 60

Comment

Originally posted by dcraig View Post
      Web Site and Meeting Announcement

As President of the Antique Motorcycle Foundation, I am pleased to announce that the Foundation has launched a web site that we are sure will answer many of the questions that have been asked about the organization, how it was formed, and what its relationship is to the AMCA.
      We all know how it was formed... with our money, but without our consent. Best of luck on the fundraising.

Comment

I have never joined the Antique Motorcycle Foundation nor would I give it a dime if I could avoid it.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Is having a foundation a lot like having a Congress in Washington DC? Money goes in, Money gets spent without effective representation of AMCA club members or local chapters, Other people seem to always have the best way to spend our money.
          Shelby

Comment

No we get at least to elect members of congress.Then they do with our money as they see fit. benson

Comment

what was never explained to the membership was, that the federal government decided that we were operating illegally and told us to form a foundation.
              once that was done to keep "Big Brother" happy, they informed us that ALL the money belonged to the foundation.
              we appealed that and were "allowed" a one time split so both identities could function.
              Kevin Valentine 13
              EX-Chief Judge

Comment

How about the foundation buys all the member plastic membership cards instead of these crappy paper ones. The club has so much money they take stuff away from the members.

Comment

Hey Kevin /Most that go/s on in this organization is never explained to the members .

Comment

Working...
                  X