Harley "pulls the pin" on Sidecars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley "pulls the pin" on Sidecars

R.I.P. 1914 to 2011 ...Harley stops Sidecar production...

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...ecar-business/

The passing of another era...

Sidecar to Tricycle not the same but sells

Dealers years back were forced by the Company to bring there dealerships upto a Standard Nationwide for curb appeal.... I wonder how that will play into affect since sales are down and these large clothing store Motorcycle shops have to survive these times as well. Maybe that's why better service shops are not Harley Davidson named now. Sad that this is an end to building sidecars yet have the Tricycle Model which is easier to handle in it's place now. Still not the same appeal at all. Merlin in Pa

Comment

Yes it should be interesting how it all works out I had posted in an earlier message about this ending with the motor company, but last night a guy told me that the sidecar is still listed, and I see on the HD web site they still show it in the police and firefighter bikes.

But as I understand it when the orders for the 2010 models are complete that is suppose to be the end of them always seemed to me that they were a special order item anyways.
      Chuck
      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

H-D Sidecars & Tomahawk, WI

Hope they keep the plant running in Tomahawk,WI. Tomahawk is a small
        town in northern Wisconsin where H-D has had it's fiberglass plant since
        the early 1960's with about 400 employees. They now make the plastic parts as well.

The MDA and the Tomahawk Fall Ride
        Also, more than $1.5 million has been raised for MDA since 1983 during the Tomahawk Fall Ride for the MDA.
        The largest event in northern Wisconsin; 40,000 strong.

http://www.tomahawkfallride.com/history_sarapark.cfm

Comment

Working...
        X