Yankee Chapter Hebron CT July 30/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankee Chapter Hebron CT July 30/31

Just want to extend the invitation to everyone to come to the Yankee Chapter meet July 30/31 in Hebron Ct (just south of Hartford). Its at the Lions Fairgrounds, 395 Gilead St., which is Rt 85, about 2 miles up from Rt 66.

A good old meet, in its 30th year.

Friday swap meet, bike display, banquet, meet your buddys, etc.
    Saturday swap meet, 40 mile back road ride at 10am, field games, show with Yankee Judging and awards at 4 pm.

Showers, toilets, camping (some water and electric) on site
    Free vending

Come on down.
    Dan
    603-458-5013 east coast evenings
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
    Www.yankeechapter.org
    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Hebron last year was probably the best small swap meet I attended. There was a ton of stuff for sale and I left there very happy. Dan M. and the guys and girls who help him always go above and beyond to put this meet on. The amount of Motorcycles present last year probably was just as much as when Hebron was a National Meet. I'll be there Thursday evening till Saturday afternoon.

Comment

If the weather is decent AND if I get my 1915 Harley road ready I am planning on bringing bike up to put on some miles in preparation for the Motorcycle Cannonball a month and a week away.

Hebron is a great casual location with some great roads to ride in the area.
      Buzz Kanter
      Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
      [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
      [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

BUZZ- I don't have any more black electrical tape in my pickup. You might want to bring some of your own to keep your bike together and running. Jp

Comment

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
          BUZZ- I don't have any more black electrical tape in my pickup. You might want to bring some of your own to keep your bike together and running. Jp
          Ouch! I am guessing you are referring to when I rode my 1948 Panhead a couple of hours up there a few years ago and my entire left hand grip and spiral decided to jump off on the highway. Learned how to check and tightenthat set screw better since then.

Besides I will be riding a 1915 Harley there this year - so I'd need MUCH older tape!
          Buzz Kanter

Comment

I've only been to Hebron once - it is quite a haul from S.C. - and that was pre-Rhinebeck. I must say that the hospitality was outstanding. Though some of the people complained about the heat, I thought it was nice! And a great swap meet.
            Lonnie Campbell #9908
            South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Right now it is Tuesday Morning and the long term weather forecast for Friday and Saturday says 80 to 85 dergrees with low humidity. Should be nice!

Comment

Just want to take the time to thank DAN, Charlie and all the others that worked hard to make this great Meet happen. Tons of parts and great Bikes to see. I was able to find more stuff at this small meet than I did at Oley AND Rhinebeck combined. There are a few photos someone posted in the Photo section.

Comment

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
                  Just want to take the time to thank DAN, Charlie and all the others that worked hard to make this great Meet happen. Tons of parts and great Bikes to see. I was able to find more stuff at this small meet than I did at Oley AND Rhinebeck combined. There are a few photos someone posted in the Photo section.
                  I second that post. I found dished rear sprockets for my JD in just the right teeth count. Also found a great old horn for my Cannonball bike and other small parts. Thanks to all my fellow Yankee Chapter members for all the hard work organizing this.

When I got home I was able to fix my 1915 Harley and got it running much better. Faulty sparkplugs!
                  Buzz Kanter

Comment

A great time!!

I want to echo the words from 46EL. We visited the meet on both days....Friday with my son Matt and his 17th birthday present...a 1965 Topper in original ragged condition (perfect!!). Those who were there on that day may have seen it and him having the time of his life scooting around on it. We just got it running two days before!! Great weather, good people, no trouble...good deals. Thanks again to Dan, Charlie and all who worked the meet.

Comment

Working...
                    X