Does Anyone Update This Site ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Update This Site ???

I was looking around fpr club info other than Parking lot chatter, so I went over to
    MEETS / ROAD RUNS , then to CLUB ACTIVITIES then to LOCAL CHAPTER EVENTS, to see about meets like Brookdale & to see if we had any local chapter events to support,
    well it reads this " Local Chapter Events 2007 " in the Title the area below is absent of any events but reads " Watch for 2008 updates! ". Is this just a little outdated? or Have we not had any local events since 2007 ?
    Tough to get new people intrested in this club if When they check it out see that we don't care enough about maintaining current info about the club chapters, or is it only important to update national meets?
    Oz

Originally posted by 45OZ View Post
    I was looking around fpr club info other than Parking lot chatter, so I went over to
    MEETS / ROAD RUNS , then to CLUB ACTIVITIES then to LOCAL CHAPTER EVENTS, to see about meets like Brookdale & to see if we had any local chapter events to support,
    well it reads this " Local Chapter Events 2007 " in the Title the area below is absent of any events but reads " Watch for 2008 updates! ". Is this just a little outdated? or Have we not had any local events since 2007 ?
    Tough to get new people intrested in this club if When they check it out see that we don't care enough about maintaining current info about the club chapters, or is it only important to update national meets?
    Oz
    45OZ
    all that will change in a little while, a new web site is being worked on right now
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Originally posted by kval View Post
      45OZ
      all that will change in a little while, a new web site is being worked on right now
      Thanks Kevin it's strange seeing things from 2 years ago on the site as if it was yesterday
      When is the brookfield meet ? & is iit still 100% free for vendors & visitors?
      Joe

Comment

Originally posted by 45OZ View Post
        Thanks Kevin it's strange seeing things from 2 years ago on the site as if it was yesterday
        When is the brookfield meet ? & is iit still 100% free for vendors & visitors?
        Joe
        The Brookfield meet is on Aug. 13-14 and details concerning it are at
        http://www.empirechapter.com (the Empire chapter's web site)

While Kevin does site maintenance work, it seems to me that - like many, many Web sites - there is a big need for person(s) to add content to keep the AMCA web site information up-to-date. This is presumably not a priority with the current AMCA Board who seem unable to attract non-board volunteers to do such work.

AFJ

Comment

Keep in mind that the club says that funds are tight.
          They have to pay who ever maintains the sight to do updates, I agree 2 years seems a long time in between.
          Jim

Comment

They could make it alot easyer to load pictures. It is a pain now. I use other sites that are alot easyer to load pictures on.

Comment

Marsh1915hd I agree with you.
              A lot of us are of the older generation and computors are one of those things we struggle to cope with.
              I have tried very hard to share some of the history and knowledge I am the custodian of and the difficulties I have faced trying to post pictures to illustrate my post and to include photocopyed script from brochures and magazines have led me to put it in the too hard basket.
              People like Perry Reuiter and Cory Othen have come to my aid on many occasions and for this I thank them but how many other people are like me and just throw up their hands in frustration and give up resulting in another snippet of information being lost.
              If image posting was made a lot easier I for one would contribute a lot more often.
              Finally when the last upgrade took place mountains of very important info was lost.
              I just hope when this next upgrade, that Kevin is talking about, takes place the same thing doesn't happen again
              Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
              A.M.C.A. # 2777
              Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Perry, I apologise for mis-spelling your surname. One of those senior moments you know.
                Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
                A.M.C.A. # 2777
                Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo View Post
                  Finally when the last upgrade took place mountains of very important info was lost.
                  I just hope when this next upgrade, that Kevin is talking about, takes place the same thing doesn't happen again
                  Tommo
                  the most important point I made when getting quotes for the new web site, was that NONE of the existing posts are lost. If a vendor was not sure, NEXT!! the forum section will be getting the latest upgrade and hopefully will be easier to use
                  Kevin Valentine 13
                  EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Not trying to meddle here but in the last mag issue it states the club spent over 26k in the last three years on the website. Is that correct? Or does it include other expenses. Seems like a lotta cheese for what ya'll are getting. Hosting is very cheap and once a site is done, updating it is really easy.
                    47 WL
                    51 Ls Sidecar
                    03 FLHT
                    http://www.gouldingsidecars.com

Comment

Working...
                    X