Oleg Podenesko - what happened to him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oleg Podenesko - what happened to him

I was going through an old magazine from 1995 and there was a letter from Oleg Podenesko, the member from Russia. At one time the organization was working to send him money, parts, etc. I don't see him on the new roster.......what happened to him?

I've wondered the same thing. Certainly, someone in the club must know. He sure had some interesting stories about riding a Harley in the remote regions of (then) communist Russia.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

I got to meet Oleg when he was here and ride with him in a road run, a great guy. Last time I heard anything was after the breakup of the USSR and things were very difficult for him due to no money. I know Jeff Roth of the Sunflower chapter was instrumental in getting him here. Maybe he knows something about Oleg's current status.
      I will never forget what he said was the most impressive thing he saw in America. Not the abundance of goods or the freedom people had, but the fact that there were so many fences! That really struck him as strange. He said there were no fences in the USSR!
      Robbie
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Here are some road pictures from GuzziDougs first ride through Russia. Don't see any fences or much pavement for that matter!
        Attached Files
        Louie
        FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
        Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
        YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Why would you need a fence if the same person owns all the land? The government owned everything before the fall.

Comment

Working...
          X