Remember The Red Head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post
    That film footage gotta exist. Old articles of the time talk about films being made rather frequently. Plus there were so many of these big races and record runs back then. Like you say, lots of it must be sitting gathering dusk.

One story I heard an old timer concerning H-D's own film footage at the Factory. Early film was considered a fire hazard so they had him gather all the old films up, take them aboard a boat on Lake Michigan, and dump all of them overboard. Sad....
    Reading a copy of MotorCycling and Bicycling January 28 1919 is a story about Floyd Clymer making a trip back EAST to visit factorys. Says he will be showing movies at Denver Stock Show when he returns. Movies of Capistrano California Hill Climb of 1918 and three-reel of Hendee Factory showing how a Indian is made from start to finish.

Has anyone checked in Colorado on what happened to Clymers movies ? I know he has been dead 40 years but maybe someone knows.

Steve
    Steve Cornish AMCA 6971
    TO MANY CLEVER PEOPLE NOT ENOUGH WISDOM

Comment

I have an idea. Why not contact Walter Miller, the big literature dealer from Syracuse, New York. I am sure he is the one who bought all of Clymer's literature. Maybe he got the films too.

Comment

Whoo..hooo.... there could be hope yet for footage!!!

Here's a shot of Red Parkhurst courtesy of Tommo.... He sent me other pics but I'm thinking they may justify a new thread.....

Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
        X