classified adds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• classified adds

I don't think anybody uses the classified adds. or reads them. I kinda thought that they'd get more "circulation", and more response. .. guess I gotta try harder.

I check 'em all the time but your right it's a little "slow"...
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Classified ads

I've posted "wanted" ads for parts several times on this forum. I didn't get as much response as I thought I would, but I did find the parts I needed, and that's what counts.
      Doug.
      Doug McLaughlin #6607
      NorCal, USA

Comment

I have posted both for sale and wanted adds over the last few years and have gotten very few responses and usually just commentary, not sales. I will continue to use it but I sure don't expect much!
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Motors for Sale

I just posted a 39 UL motor for sale in the classified and several other motors that can be seen in space 211 & 212 at Wauseon.
          I have never posted in the classified before.
          I see what comes of it.
          Jim

Comment

I keep trying but am not real savvy with this computer or the site and have a time finding them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tink View Post
              I keep trying but am not real savvy with this computer or the site and have a time finding them.
              You made it this far, so you can find it. scroll down past the "other" makes and topics, should see classified adds. Click on it and it will ask you to click on one of about 5 topics (HD, Indian, ) .. Can't remember how it asks "for sale" or "wanted", but if you find it, find it several times so you can remember.

Comment

I'm nosy and want to know what's going on. Go directly to New Posts and/or Activity Stream
                . Everything posted shows up.
                Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Thanks filibuster, I did so. I find a great number of the ads are from a long time ago. Do they get removed as the stuff sells?

Comment

Originally posted by Tink View Post
                    Thanks filibuster, I did so. I find a great number of the ads are from a long time ago. Do they get removed as the stuff sells?
                    Yeah, the stuff's old, cuz everything's on ebay, I guess. The site gets sniffers though. "Wants" should be in there a little thicker, I figure. But the guy who wants the best exposure for selling has to go bigger, to ebay.
                    I think the directors have ruled that magazine ads are withheld from the forum classifieds until the magazine comes out, in fairness to those who don't do computers. Not that the magazine's adds are the primo stuff either, ... just guessing here, ... Spag likes guys who guess and make rumor trouble,.....(INCOMING!)

Comment

eBay has become the 24 x 7 x 365 flea market for sure. I would be willing to bet that with a big enough bank account and a couple of years, you could 'one piece at a time' virtually any old motorcycle you wanted from eBay. Wont' be cheap. But every part will show up sooner or later. FYI, I've built a complete Model T Ford chassis (1915) this way. Every part from eBay (though a few from Langs and Universal Tire.) Many bought for a couple of dollars because they went begging. There are still bargains to be had!

But for vintage MC stuff, don't rule out Craig's list!! It's definitely not all ads for farmers markets, Central American natural fiber fair trade ponchos and prostitutes... Craig's list has a TON of motorcycle stuff on it and an audience (at least for bike stuff) that isn't MC savvy compared to eBay. IMHO, Craigs List is currently a buyers market for MC stuff including interesting and complete old bikes. Not a lot of HD and Indian, but it does show up. But early Japanese, British, BMW... and really weird stuff. A lot of the sellers on CL have no clue what they have, what it is or how it ended up in the garage/basement of that fancy house they just bought in the gentrifying neighborhood within walking distance of a Latte bar.

Classified here on AMCA is great for one thing in particular. Trusted people. Wish there was more on it. But it's still a great resource.

Happy easter, all!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Working...
                      X