H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
    H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
    1949 harley model 125 bobber project
    1959 harley model 165
    1960 harley super 10
    1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
    EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Maybe I'll take the philanthropic route and just give the old warhorse away
      Hey Hawg, did you know the Elmhurst brothers from Indian River who owned the bike before Choate bought it? Also wondering what the dealer's name in Hamilton was.

Comment

If you are going to give it away, I'll take it! Actually a very nice, and rare, bike!

Comment

That bike is indeed a very nice and rare bike!!! I gotta get down to the gas station to buy a lottery ticket!!!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
            Maybe I'll take the philanthropic route and just give the old warhorse away
            Hey Hawg, did you know the Elmhurst brothers from Indian River who owned the bike before Choate bought it? Also wondering what the dealer's name in Hamilton was.
            Barry, this could be a start... This is from the June, 1912 issue of the Canadian Motorcycle Journal and Bicycle Review..... I'll do some more digging tomorrow night and see if I can drum up some info from 1913 .......

Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Cory ! That was great. After watching your many contributions to this forum over the last few years I think you should have been a research librarian!

Comment

If someone would offer decent pay for pre-1930 research I'd start tonight.... When time allows this evening I'll try to dredge up some more Hamilton details.... I should mention that Tom Wilcock has been a great source of info on the Canadian history I've posted!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Well Barry... I came up a little short on tonight's hunt. I could only find mention of the Hamilton dealer renewing their contract with H-D for the 1914 year. So that would indicate that particular dealer sold your bike new. But it doesn't confirm that it was the same dealer as 1912 though I suppose one could assume. I'm curious about this now.... I'll keep digging.....
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

1913 Literature

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                    Warning , this is VERY boring and almost 10 minutes long. Watch at your own risk.
                    Thank you, Barry, for your posting. The narrative was very informative made it so interesting and noway boring!
                    I have had this 1913 literature for many years, hoping to meet someone with a 1913. Have you ever seen these accessory pamphlets?
                    How about that pedal crank straightener!!

Steve
                    Attached Files
                    Steve Cornish AMCA 6971
                    TO MANY CLEVER PEOPLE NOT ENOUGH WISDOM

Comment

Steve,
                      If you could do PDF scans of that 1913 literature and submit it to the clubs on line library we could all see it.
                      Be sure to visit;
                      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I agree, that is amazing unseen stuff! And in MINT condition. It would be great to have a look before it all gets buried in a collection.

Comment

Working...
                        X