New London, CT antique bike display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New London, CT antique bike display

I'm coordinating an antique bike display this Saturday June 26 at the New London Pier in New London CT from 12-4 pm. We're showing at a tri state HOG rally.

If anyone would like to join the festivities please let me know and I can provide directions or other info. There will be bands and food- I'm told there is a sea food festival going on at that time as well.

Dan
    603-458-5013 evenings.
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
    Www.yankeechapter.org
    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

We'll be there.
    Mark Evans
    Gloucester, Mass.

Comment

Dan don't know if I can make it but New London is my old stoppin' grounds from my mis-spent youth. If anyone is thirsty, check out Dutch's Tavern, on Green St, straight up State St. from the pier. Easy stumblin' distance. Been a beer joint since the 1880's.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagohen View Post
        Dan don't know if I can make it but New London is my old stoppin' grounds from my mis-spent youth. If anyone is thirsty, check out Dutch's Tavern, on Green St, straight up State St. from the pier. Easy stumblin' distance. Been a beer joint since the 1880's.

Best description I've ever heard.......lol.
        Mark Evans
        Gloucester, Mass.

Comment

Thanks for the bar info

It's always nice to take a break from the rigors of showing an antique motorcycle, answering questions, sitting there...etc. I appreciate the info on a place that you are familiar with. It's nice to know it's close and do-able without much trouble. I'll take some pics of the place and send tham along. David Perillo '22 Neracar

Comment

Wasn't there a Navy submarine base in New London. This is really stupid but, do you think they ever had submarine races there.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, it's at Groton across the river.
              Mark Evans
              Gloucester, Mass.

Comment

Sorry for the dumb observation Mark. I remember touring that base when I was a cub scout. I think that was the best field trip I ever went on.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

I did the same in Cub Scouts lol. Can't comment about the sub races though,lmao.
                  Mark Evans
                  Gloucester, Mass.

Comment

Perfect day, good turnout......

Images here.......

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=9ea25efa.pbw
                    Mark Evans
                    Gloucester, Mass.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics

Those pictures are great!! The show was a blast.

Comment

Thanks for the photo's, very nice looked like a great day. Awesome Neracar David !!

Comment

new london pier

Actually for many years when I was stationed there starting in the ealy 80's there was a sub tender there at the pier in New London!

Comment

Working...
                          X