Victor's Pre-Cannonball Run!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor's Pre-Cannonball Run!!!

For those of you that may have missed this http://www.motorcyclecannonball.com/...tid=220&page=1 mentioned by Barry on Slojo's thread you should really check it out. Victor is the Man!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

WOW !! Thanks for that link Great reading,

Comment

You Go Victor!!

I have been following him to Cory this Victor is quite the guy at 67

I was at that HD dealer in Springfield Mo. years back with my 72 hd and hack I needed a clutch kit when we went to Branson in 97.

I bet those boys are still talking about him not to mention the Cannonball advertising .

I can just hear the counter guy at the HD shop now ,Say that again sir? You started from where you are headed to where???
      Chuck
      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I’ll bet all you guys getting ready to do it in September are watching and learning from Victors daily report what to expect.

Man…… 300 miles a day at an average speed of 40 mph would mean………. Victor is one tough apple.
        ------------
        Steve
        AMCA #7300

Comment

All I can say is WOW!!!
          Bob Selph
          1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
          1940 Sport Scout
          AMCA#15215

Comment

Victor is originally from England, and he's had this bike for 30 years. He's only been active with it for the last 3! He is due home here on the West Coast at 12 noon, at Dudley Perkins HD Dealership. I think this may be one of the oldest, or oldest family owned HD dealerships? Anyway, the Perkins are a great family, and Victor goes w/o saying.
            RF.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Fred View Post
              Victor is originally from England, and he's had this bike for 30 years. He's only been active with it for the last 3! He is due home here on the West Coast at 12 noon, at Dudley Perkins HD Dealership. I think this may be one of the oldest, or oldest family owned HD dealerships? Anyway, the Perkins are a great family, and Victor goes w/o saying.
              RF.
              It is the oldest dealership continuously owned by the same family.
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                It is the oldest dealership continuously owned by the same family.
                I grew up with the current regieme (they are slightly older than I), and we went to the same schools. I remember the Perkins house as a gathering for Sunday rides in the late '60s, tons of full dress land yachts. Across the tracks was a large black population, and they all rode huge Winnebago dressers. My friends lived there, and I was always amazed at the huge bikes with all the lights & frills.
                Jimmy Perkins collected green PanHeads, as they were supposed to be jinxed. He loved Frisco style, and choppers. He got smart though, and moved up in the boonies, quitting the family biz, and getting his wife 2 jobs to support them! Tommy still runs the show, and shoots imaginary arrows at me when ever I set foot in the place (I'm an Indian guy). The dealership has a museum, and the Perkins are all Class Act.
                Tommy and I both prospected for the SFMC at the same time (est. 1904.....second oldest MC, and the oldest continuously run club). For his initiation, he had to don Honda racing leathers, and complete a run on a Honda Rebel for one of our big rides. I had to dress all in Black, where a black Perkins HD T-shirt, and hand out HD adds at the event (quite the insult to an Indian guy). Tommy made the front page with that feat!
                Kinda makes me wanna go and buy a new Harley, just to support those guys! naw, I ain't old enough yet.
                RF.

Comment

Now that's some kind of initiation Fred! It's funny how people break themselves down to a specific "brand" of motorsickle. I was surprised a few years back when Son of Howdy told me about the knucklehead he had. I asked him if he rode it.... he looked at me shocked and said "I can't do that... what would people think?" Glad you came to your senses on the new bike thing. I've tossed the idea around a few times over the years but I just can't bring myself to do it. It just wouldn't be the same...

Hey, Victor was supposed to roll into Perkin's dealership today. Do you know if he made it? Apparently his bike will be on display there for a few days.....
                  Last edited by c.o.; 06-06-2010, 12:18 AM. Reason: just can't get it right!!!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Victor's Victory!

I wasn't able to make it, but I heard that Victory made it to Perkins today, and all is well!
                    RF.

Comment

Good to hear!!! I hope he got a heroes welcome!!
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Way to go Victor!!!!
                        All that alone & no chase vehicle, just like it was done in 1915. You’re a tuff act to follow.
                        Dave

Comment

What's next Victor? around the world? the long way around? the long way down? you made the US crossing look easy. Good for you. You are the Neil Armstrong of early motorcycling, not many remember the second man on the moon .

Comment

Victor is the man

Way to go Victor, good luck out there !!!!!! Carl ... PS On a 1/2 mile track ,I blow through 3 oz's of oil in 10 laps.......
                            Last edited by big jesus 151; 06-06-2010, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Hey Folks!!! I guess Dave was talking to Victor today and he indicated that he wanted to extend a thank-you to all the folks who followed and offered well wishes during his cross- country tour. Dave would have posted this himself but he's having some issues with logging in. Here's a link as well from a fella that stumbled upon Victor in the desert... http://www.goraiders.org/bike/100603...ownRide/1.html ... there's some really great photos and some video of Victor and his trusty steed. Man... this all gives me goosebumps... I've got great respect for the man who just "went" for it!!! Good on ya!!!

p.s. the Victor content on the RenoJohn site starts on page 4....
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                              X