No announcement yet.

Rhinebeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been to Rhinebeck once, last year. I could not figureout if I was at an antique motorcycle meet or a law enforcement convention so I left Saturday morning. My thought is this: we (or most of us) are real bikers, wrenches, etc. Two things I do not like as a biker: Rules & Cops and Rhinebeck has way, way too many of both . The fact that they did their best to arrest Clete Borchete of Old Dude Vintage Cycles for leaving early was the real deal breaker for me. They can cry safety factors all they want, but folks leave early ( or when they choose) at all the meets I attend. It is not a user friendly meet and I will not grace the shadows there again--Michael

Comment

I went to the 1st one and decided that it was not my type of place.
      As far as a big meet yes it is.
      The locals and all the rules just don't work for me.
      I got into it with the security on Sunday evening and still can't believe I didn't go to jail.
      I asked several of what I thought were bid shots in the club if I had to be out Sunday night and was told not a problem.
      I am one of the last ones out at most meets.
      About an hour before dark the security come over and told me I had to be out in an hour.
      About 1/2 of my stuff was still out and I was planning on finish loading in the morning and take a shower before heading out for Nebraska.
      Well, I come unglued.
      The security left and sent the cops back.
      Long short, they ended up letting me stay the night.
      Now I just go to St Paul that weekend. 400 miles instead of 1500 and I like the people way better. A smaller meet, but more like it should be.
      Jim

Comment

Working...
      X